Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    1991 30' Breakaway?
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1991 30' Breakaway?
 Login now/Join our community

posted

I don't have the tag yet, but I've been communicating with a sales guy for this one. I could be wrong, but I think this is actually a 28 footer as the bed is turned sideways, and it looks short? It has the floorplan and drivetrain I'd like to start a restore/remodel project with, but there is a lot of water damage and associated "fixes", one of which I think was removing the rear A/C and sticking a vent in its place. They are asking $20k, which is about 4x what I think this is worth. It has 170,000 miles, too.

http://www.txrvoutlet.com/pre_...tail.asp?veh=4785011
He sent me a bunch more photos that I will get uploaded shortly.

What do you all think?

Here's what I see:

- beat up cabinet doors that don't line up
- water damage on bedroom wall, hallway floor, bathroom floor, I'm sure elsewhere
- I think it had a rear A/C, but I could be wrong about that
- half-hearted looking roof sealing repairs
- broken windshield
- peeling clearcoat and fading base
- looks like it was backed over something so the bumper/brackets/quarter panel are bent
- how do I know if it has/had a furnace?
- no idea what, if anything, actually functions

Edit: Image Inserted By ~ Bill N.Y.

Posts: 42 | Location: WI | Member Since: 08-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
A very long time ago I was fortunate in learning the cheapest toy is one you can use now. IF you want a lot of un-remunerated sweat equity to have a specific interior have at it. At my age and experience I find many projects people undertake are overcome by life's vagaries, end up being offered at a great discount as a "nearly complete " project and for all effort and planning no end point reward was had.

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I agree about its length - most likely a 28'. Except for the bed layout, the floorplan is identical to my 28'. The bed is another issue, as it looks like access to the engine compartment requires moving the mattress. Mine, a fore-and-aft, just lifts up, mattress and all.

I didn't see any A/C on the roof, although there's an inner shroud; all the 28's I'm familiar with had one (and only one).

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
This coach has been on here before with some discussion..

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...593966887#4593966887

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes
Data Tag: 9010 3694 34-BG-1B

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Errr I knew I saw it somewhere. I even searched for it, but it never popped up. Duh!

Posts: 42 | Location: WI | Member Since: 08-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of kenny j
posted Hide Post
Hey Rusty, my 28' breakaway has two roof a/c units. one in the bedroom and one in the galley. When are we going to see a picture of Chester?
Kenny

Posts: 186 | Location: grasston, mn | Member Since: 06-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kenny j
posted Hide Post
He is a handsome boy.
kenny

Posts: 186 | Location: grasston, mn | Member Since: 06-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
I wonder how bad it smells inside.

posted Hide Post
Looks just like Little Betsy

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dick Dubbs:
Looks just like Little Betsy

It is little betsy. Do you know her?