Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    1986 25' (Regal?)
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1986 25' (Regal?)
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/16
Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted
EDIT: SCAM ALERT - SEE THIS THREAD.

http://barthmobile.com/eve/for...743942377#7743942377

http://charlestonwv.craigslist.../rvs/3122570363.html
quote:
Beautiful 25' Barth motor home is a true classic. Bob Barth started building quality all aluminum travel trailers in 1963. Later quality motor homes were added. Barth motor homes were high quality coaches built for upscale buyers. Many coaches were custom designed by the owner. With only 300 produced a year you know you'll be buying a unique motor home. Plus, with only 40,874 original miles this survivor is a one of a kind find.

Amenities include all standard RV features plus Barth custom extras: new furnace, new Norcold gas/AC refrigerator, new power roof vent, new twin mattress, new carpet, and new southwest theme wall covers. The engine has had a recent tune up with new cap and rotor, coil, fuel filter, fuel lines to generator and engine, air filter, and two new coach batteries. Other features include a 5.0 Genset generator, auto fill water storage tank from feed line. The monitoring panel safeguards all levels and accessories. It has a 4 burner stove, microwave, bathroom with separate roof vent, tub/shower, toilet, sink, and lighted roomy closet. The dining area has a booth style table with elegant lighting. The coach has plenty of storage inside and out with solid oak cabinets, decorative lighting powered by electric And 12 volt with power inverter.

The dashboard has a full array of gauges. The steering wheel is leather wrapped with tilt and cruise. It comes with a 6 speaker Pioneer stereo system, air horns, flood/spot light, defrost fans, and flex steel seats. Dash air is very cold. Dash engine heater and auxiliary rear water heater keeps the whole coach warm when mobile in cooler climates.

Extra features include aisle lights, electric step with light, outside lights and easy to use awning. Our Barth has the original multi tone custom paint job.

We have taken several trouble free 200-300 mile trips and we just returned from a 1300 mile round trip vacation with no problems.

With the good tires and recent routine maintenance you can be assured that your family will have enjoyable and successful vacations as well.

It has a 454 Chevrolet engine with a 3 speed automatic transmission. The gas mileage varies, but averages about 8. Sleeping is as follows: 1 in the twin bed, 2 in the dining table booth, and 1 in the drop down bunk above the driver's cockpit. The drop down bunk needs a mattress.

1989 22' Regal

Posts: 183 | Location: Northwestern PA | Member Since: 06-14-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I just made an offer to the owner. Anybody beat me to it? Am I absolutely out of my mind?
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
This is getting to be like an episode of "Hoarders." Big Grin

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Just trying to keep up with the Ray's. ROTFLMAO

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Anyone know how to get in touch with these folks other than to copy the email address in the ad and send it to them? I did that 5 minutes ago but have had no response yet Roll Eyes
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of MichaelR
posted Hide Post
I've emailed the listing twice with no response,(once on the first day it was listed). My wife and I have been patiently searching for our first, "Barth", and this one would fit the ticket if it is as good as the advertisement makes it out to be.

Posts: 173 | Location: Greeneville TN | Member Since: 05-11-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/10
Picture of kokoken
posted Hide Post
At $ 6000, it is a steal, IMHO.

1979 24 footer

Posts: 65 | Location: Indiana | Member Since: 07-28-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I check CL a lot and when I see an ad for a 2010 Vette for $3500 or a 3 year old Road King with 2500 miles for 2 grand, it inevitably has no phone# or name. so the only way to respond is by e-mail, and they have another addy for their list. Not saying this is that kind of ad, but it's sure looking that way.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted Hide Post
I did hesitate to post this, based upon my simply finding it close by and not having tried to raise a response. Although I consider the asking price a bargain, I thought there was too much personal info. in the ad for it to not be legit... but maybe they are getting local traffic. That's what happened with our Regal... we almost didn't get it because other folks close by (geographically) were stopping daily for another look and making offers. I tipped my seller just for hanging in there with me and honoring my 'over-the-phone' offer to buy.

Kirk

1989 22' Regal

Posts: 183 | Location: Northwestern PA | Member Since: 06-14-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I emailed the seller my offer, which was $6000, sight unseen. Told him I would deposit the money in his account or with his bank or whatever worked for him immediately. Have not heard anything yet. Am still hopeful. **** I'd probably offer him more if it is as good as it looks. Of course I'm nuts.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Am I absolutely out of my mind?
Jim

quote:
Of course I'm nuts.

Answering puzzling questions is what we do here on Barthmobile.com! hmm

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Self analysis has always been one of my few strengths. I just usually don't like the answers. Roll Eyes (Still nothing from the seller)
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted Hide Post
I would consider this 'Sighting' now suspect. I'm sure BillNY will weigh in. Sorry to have posted a loser.

Kirk

1989 22' Regal

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
SCAM ALERT
quote:
Originally posted by Kirk & Elise:
I would consider this 'Sighting' now suspect. I'm sure BillNY will weigh in. Sorry to have posted a loser.
I've weighed in over here and have edited your initial post.

http://barthmobile.com/eve/for...743942377#7743942377

SCAM ALERT

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post