Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

'87 - 32' on eBay
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Nice looking coach. Interesting that it a 32' MCC chassied coach with a Regal style body.(smaller roof radius and side mounted clearance lights.) The floorplan is a Regal style too... Barth Custom Coach sure is proper fitting name. You have to wonder what kind of build sheets they had when these were made. My friend has the same year Regal as ours. Yet is different. in many ways.
One of a kind, and that OK.
Doorman

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doorman:
The floorplan is a Regal style too... Barth Custom Coach sure is proper fitting name. You have to wonder what kind of build sheets they had when these were made.
It's a "Regal SE"... Here is a Barth Regal Brochure showing the Diesel Pusher.

Looking at this second image you'll see the same paint scheme on the right image. That one looks like this coach. Both are Regals. The top right blue one is a gaso puller and the one below it is a diesel pusher.

Barth built many different models...

This one is a Regency with the softer curved roof radius and the raised type truck cab lighting.

These images almost look the same. The Regal SE shown at top has a tighter roof radius and the flat style lights - the Regency has a softer curved roofline and the raised bus/truck style cab lighting.

Now... to show you the higher roof radius and truck/bus style raised lighting on a gasoline puller. I give you a Barth Royale.

Of course, if the seller would give you a picture of the data tag, then I would bet it would show you a data tag number consistent with the Regal Line.

My opinion: I think this Regal SE Diesel Pusher that is being sold on Ebay is "kind of close" to being comparable to a Regency of that era. But, you'll be bidding on one nice Regal SE instead of a Regency.

Nick, or anyone for that matter, I'd like to hear your thoughts on this Ebay Regency Listing?

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
That engine is an 8.2 Detroit. Being on that MCC chassie I bet it handles nice. I think calling this a Regencie chassied Regal may be OK. Would be nice to see data tag info for build date. Sometime around 87-88 they started using the fiberglass brow.
and Spartain chassies with the 5.9.
Looks like very nice coach. well taken care of and not to high of miles.
Doorman

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I looked at one MCC chassis near Colorado Springs before buying the Breakaway. was hoping to get the IRS. the one I looked at had the square tubing supporting the baggage compartments rusted over half way gone! the suspension parts were also quite corroded. Never looked at another one. But I did get the usual door erosion.

Posts: 81 | Location: golden valley, az | Member Since: 02-05-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post