Reply To This Topic

This is a sweet deal
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/09
posted
http://gainesville.craigslist.org/rvs/1801990276.html

Edit Bill NY: Added in images and the description
quote:

1968 22 ft barth executive...all aluminum...no title do have receipts and florida state dmv bill of sale....ready to restore...solid unit..can be seen i starke.

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

Posts: 220 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. | Member Since: 03-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I MIGHT be able to take a look at this one (I've got a full plate before leaving - hopefully - this Thurs); it's not too far from me.

I expect to be back around 7/15-18 and could look at it then.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
There is a post by Jeri on the "started working on the trailer" thread concerning this trailer.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Thanks, didn't make the connection (if it is the same unit).

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Rusty, they are located in Florida and their post showed up about the same time as ad on craigslist, this suggested they were the same. I sent inquiry but no response.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I responded tonight to the ad. We'll see what comes of it.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Ray:
There is a post by Jeri on the "started working on the trailer" thread concerning this trailer.
Apparently Jeri also owns a 1981 Euro too. This will be our first member who owns both a Barth trailer and a Barth coach. Hope to get a picture of one pulling the other some day. Thumbs Up
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
I responded tonight to the ad.
If you get additional images, post them here Danny or send em my way please.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Neil T.
posted Hide Post
Again here,

http://gainesville.craigslist.org/rvs/1821470570.html

I would buy this unit if it were a little closer.
Has anyone looked a it to judge if its road worthy?

Neil

www.swedishautomotive.com
77 28' Rear Bath
The "Budget BARTH"

Posts: 246 | Location: Simpsonville, South Carolina | Member Since: 04-20-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
I want my brother Danny to look at it before I make an offer. It is exactly what I've been looking for but a cartage company wants $1,800 to trailer it down here. That takes the "good" out of "good deal". If I could take the tires and wheels off my TT I may be able to haul it down, but I would worry about not having working brakes. Also, frame rot could be a problem.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Call a company that transports cars. There are guys that have trailers capable of taking care of a small 22' trailer like this. Hell, you could rent a truck and a trailer, go pick it up and not have much invested at all.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Boy, did I want this trailer! I went and looked at it twice. The skin is in decent shape, floor seems solid, BUT the trailer has been sitting for quite a while, inhabited by rats. The plywood floor is soaked with rat urine and the smell is atrocious!! I doubt you would ever get the smell out and replacing the entire floor is out of my league. It sure would be a pretty little thing though! If I had the money to have someone else replace the floor, it would be sitting in my yard right now! Hope it finds a good home. My husband suspects the underframe is rusted out, we could see some type of brackets underneath that were rusted through. Tires and bearings in bad shape. Would need to be trailered I suspect. I guess I'll just stick with my Euro until I get rich!

Posts: 10 | Location: Ocala, Florida | Member Since: 12-28-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks for the interest in this camper,i am pretty sure it is sold..will know for sure tomarrow...will remove this post....i joined this website when i bought the camper,with intention to rebuild...3 days later had the chance on a great deal on mobilehome..no time or money for camper..jeri is someone who contacted me,hoped she got the camper,her goal was to restore it. camper is solid in and out..the smell WILL knock ur socks off..i got the smelly thing because i knew of the product to use to remove the smell,i have used it before..i live not to far from the trlr some fixaflat and air would have gotten home for me.folks who called from out of state,i told i wouldnt trust it on any highway..will keep the posting till fri and hopefully i found her a home

Posts: 10 | Location: gainesville | Member Since: 11-19-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Good luck with your sale, what did you get for a motor-home?

If the sale doesn't work out, have the Rats get together and apply for a Fannie Mae loan, I mean they're breathing and have a paw print; everything needed for a Gov't loan!!! head bang

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
It looks like we have a problem with the data tag on this one Nick... hmm

http://barthmobile.com/eve/for...?r=86110108#86110108

Actual Tag# E11-516-19

According to Kevin & Louise, their profile lists.

sn 68451622

It would be interesting to see what this number says?

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
found the number near the door on a tag...have pix ,cant upload it to this post...number also on the frame near the spot you have circled in your pix...i can email pix........kevin

Posts: 10 | Location: gainesville | Member Since: 11-19-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post