Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1972 24' Barth for sale in AZ
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Does anybody know anything about this coach for sale?

phoenix craigslist > west valley > for sale / wanted > rvs - by owner

The owner moved here from CA and is now selling since he and his wife don't use it any longer. Does anyone have any insight for me? I know, that's a huge question.
quote:
24 ft 1972 Barth motor home. Everything refurbished 5000 miles on new motor, New fridge, water heater, and pump. Call 562 754-1752

Here's what I know from talking with him:
The rebuild is 7 years old, as is most of the new work--upholstery including new foam, fridge, water heater, etc.

86,000 miles on the chassis, 7,000 miles on the rebuilt engine.

Just a few thousand miles on the tires, but they are 5ish years old--no sun checking, but still old.

No dash ac, but roof air works.

Generator is gone since it was 500 pounds that was never used in the Sierra Nevadas.

It looks nice! I want to get over to see it, but have not made time yet.

What is a reasonable price given the limited info I can provide?

Thanks,
Dave

I hope I'm posting in the correct area. Please feel free to move this conversation to the right spot, and accept my apologies in advance.

Posts: 9 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Member Since: 04-13-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Few terms are more nebulous than "rebuilt engine"
And remember... The windshields CANNOT be replaced. They are 14" high and unavailable.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good news--the ad has been taken down, so hopefully someone got a great deal on a great coach!

Thanks for the heads up on the 14" windshields. I wondered why there were "4-piece" windshields out there, with small side windows and big front windows...when you can't get the curved glass, you improvise.

Gratefully,
Dave

Posts: 9 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Member Since: 04-13-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just bought this exact model barth about 2 months ago. It is a great little pick up.

Also on this 1972 Barth Limited, I measured the windshield and they are 23 inches.....I think we may be in luck with these ones.

1973 Barth Limited
Chevy P30 Chassis
454 Engine

Posts: 11 | Location: Exton, PA | Member Since: 06-09-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post