Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    1984 Barth Regal 28' - $4500 (High Ridge, MO)
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1984 Barth Regal 28' - $4500 (High Ridge, MO)
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
https://miami.craigslist.org/m...-bus/6308539213.html

84 Barth Regal 28' RV BUS,
aluminum, automatic,
GM 454 cu. in. gas engine
90xxx miles, ps., pb.,
6 newer tires with good spare, working rooftop AC,
refridgerator, propane stove, queen size bed,
table and chairs, extra fold out bed, bathroom,
roof storage, lots of indoor cabinet storage,
power generator, very well factory built RV,
See pics
located near St. Louis,
runs and drives great,
High Ridge, MO. 63049,
$4500, 636 375 3140

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Doug Smiley!
You posted the ad for the same beautiful motor coach I'm considering for my mobile home. I'm hoping to get to take a look at it in the next couple days and I'd be interested in hearing any insight you might be able to offer on helping me making an informed decision on what to look for when considering the purchase of a 'vintage' Barth.
Thanks!

Posts: 2 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 10-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
I just posted the link to this Barth....

Kevin said it BESTSmiler

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...1087061/m/5953994097

There you will find your Barth buyers checklist.

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Doug!
That's a pretty thorough list for buying any motorhome!
I was asking more along the lines of what to look for specifically when it comes to this particular coach (i.e. any known production issues)
I'm checking with the current owner to provide a picture of the data tag or at least provide a VIN ... which he has not. Makes me curious to know what kind of history this 'ol gal has seen. He said he's owned it for two years and bought it from the family of an owner who passed ... https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...413987587#8413987587 ... curious.

Thanks for the info!

Posts: 2 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 10-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
The GM chassis is pretty much what you see is what you get. 454 V8, TurboHydramatic 400, steel springs, juice brakes. Like a giant pickup truck. Most parts are available.

OTOH you have over 30 year old machinery there.

Check/rebuild brakes, brake lines and front suspension for sure.

Engine compression tells a lot.

Check for roof leaks, water damage.

Be sure to check the fuel system. 454s like their fuel. Fuel pump, fuel filters, fuel lines and all fuel hoses should be checked for rust, cracks, etc. Old stale fuel can make crud in tanks, lines and carb. Many RV fires from gasoline leaks around engine. Fuel tanks can be a problem if rusty and/or full of dirt. PITA to find this out on the road later.

good luck

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post