Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    My First Barth!
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

My First Barth!
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Barth Newbee
posted
After watching this site for a long time, I finally bit the bullet and bought a Barth! The guy I got it from says it's the only one they ever built with a center joint. I haven't looked yet, but he says its a Gullug chassis with a new GM-454 short block, tranny is a 13 speed Road Ranger with 2 speed Eaton axle. I'm tearing out the insides and start over. Where do I find the Data Tag you talk about? Looked all over dash and driver area, even under the bar in back (just old gum there Smiler I plan to go to ALL Barth get togethers and compare notes!

Posts: 1 | Location: All Over | Member Since: 03-31-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
It's about time someone posted this... I've got a file on this coach from Barth, but until today, no pictures... It was one of 10 that they made for their client, AIG.

The Data Tag number is located below the drivers side door, just inside the fuse box. It will begin with L00-F-547-7-2-??/??/??

L-Low Ride Chassis
00-Production Code/Floor Plan
F-Forward Control
547-Allison 547 Transmission
7-Sequential Barth Built With Flex Frame
2-Number of Drive Axles
Last set of numbers will tell us the month, day, and year built.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Barth Newbee

Did you get this coach in Ft Myers Florida. I saw one like it parked at a business on Alico Rd.

Thought it would make a great RV but never dreamed it was a Barth

ED.

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/09
posted Hide Post
I retract that comment on the tallest Barth.

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

Posts: 220 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. | Member Since: 03-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/09
posted Hide Post
Are you shure this has a 454,I am pretty shure these came with briggs & stratons ?

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

Posts: 220 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. | Member Since: 03-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
I took some of my winnings from the Feb 29, 2009 lottery and had an investigator check on the coach. It is powered by an IH 513 connected to the RR tranny.

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Might be, but check this out! sky

Big Bus

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Somebody having a little fun here? the auction is still going. Length really limits useage. Neoplan parts hard/expensive to come by. Height also limits use. Would make a cool guest house tho. Smiler

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Somebody having a little fun here?

Yea.....it's just a little foolishness I posted for April Fools Day Wink

...Thought I'd add a little to the sillyness that's been coming out of Washington DC over the past few months

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Shucks...I live in North Fort Myers and thought Danny Z could come down and we would check it out for a potental buyer.....

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post