Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Custom Barth
 Login now/Join our community

posted
anchorage > for sale > rvs - by owner

Custom Motorhome For Movie Industry - $5000 (Chugiak AK)

Custom Barth Motorized Makeup room used as dressing and makeup rooms for the movie industry. No bedrooms only two large changing rooms, two bathrooms, three sinks and couch. Was also used as power generator so there are multiple Cummins Onan Commerical generators. Should be purchased by someone with mechanical knowledge because the motor (Chevy 350) fires up, and then dies after the battery is spent, assuming bad alternator. Has three new batteries; 6v in series and 12v starting battery. Front air suspension could use some work as well. Rear dual with tag axle. Very interesting unit. Generators need some service also as they have sat for a little while. If you're willing to put in some work this motor..thing is perfect for you.

Edit Bill N.Y. ~ Insert Images

Posts: 36 | Location: Edmonton ab | Member Since: 08-25-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/09
posted Hide Post
Hard to believe it has a small block in it ?

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

Posts: 220 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. | Member Since: 03-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of crouch38
posted Hide Post
Dave , Yeah a small block 350 with 6 cylinders. head bang I never saw a 350 with 6 cylinders .
Bob

Year:: 1986
Model:: Barth Regal
Length:: 25 ft
Engine:: New Chevy 454 HO
Chassis:: P-30
Data Tag Number:: 8606 3339 25FP2

Posts: 262 | Location: Wampum , Pa | Member Since: 02-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crouch38:
Dave , Yeah a small block 350 with 6 cylinders. head bang I never saw a 350 with 6 cylinders .
Bob
Not a V6 engine but it does have 6V batteries in it.
quote:
Originally posted in Craigslist Ad:
Has three new batteries; 6v in series
Reality: Three 6v Batteries in Series will give you 18 Volts. I'd check the wiring configuration but I'm pretty sure they meant to say that it has 2 - 6v batteries wired in series for the house side, (usually it's 4 - 6v batts in a series/parallel circuit) and 1 - 12v starting battery for the chassis side.
quote:
Originally posted by Dave R:
Hard to believe it has a small block in it ?
Based on the vin# attached to the data tag it has a 454 GM Big Block V8 on a P32 Chassis.

Thank you to Kevin for getting this tag for our data tag project. cheers

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of crouch38
posted Hide Post
Bill , The add states 6 cylinders.
Look at the add under the google map .

1997 Barth
condition : fair
cylinders : 6 cylinders
drive : rwd
fuel : gas
paint color : white
title status : clean
transmission : automatic

The coach probably has a 454 like you said.
But , to post an add that it has a 350 with 6 cylinders . head bang
Bob

Year:: 1986
Model:: Barth Regal
Length:: 25 ft
Engine:: New Chevy 454 HO
Chassis:: P-30
Data Tag Number:: 8606 3339 25FP2

Posts: 262 | Location: Wampum , Pa | Member Since: 02-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
On the 1990 Volvo we found not the alternator to be the problem (same symptoms), it had old loose belts D'oh

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Man, that is umm… unique. confusion

Like a vampire bordello? Sorry

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it's a replacement engine, it might be the 351 cubic inch V6 that GMC used in its Suburbans and pickup trucks in the early 1970's?

Posts: 21 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Member Since: 12-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crouch38:
The coach probably has a 454 like you said.
But , to post an add that it has a 350 with 6 cylinders . head bang
We can post what the ad says, after all, it is his coach and he should know right? java

Until proven otherwise, for now, I'll just post what the data tag vin# states. Computer
quote:
Originally posted by Dan Snyder:
If it's a replacement engine, it might be the 351 cubic inch V6 that GMC used in its Suburbans and pickup trucks in the early 1970's?
I doubt it has that 351-V6 but yes, I guess it could. Just imagine all the stuff that would need to be acquired to make that configuration work? At what gain?
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
Based on the vin# attached to the data tag it has a 454 GM Big Block V8 on a P32 Chassis.
I'm sticking with the earlier statement as I'd be more inclined to think he's wrong in cubes and cylinders. The next likeliest of scenario would be that it's actually a small block 350 - V8 with the leak likeliest of them being a 351 - V6 coming at a distant third.

That big center hump could conceivably hide anything in there... mechanic

BTW: No, this is not a widebody coach. All of the Barth's produced under the Barth RSV, from that era, with that front end, has an extra strip of glass.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/09
posted Hide Post
I would bet it has a 454, and who ever made the post just didn't know, my first comment was just sarcasm.

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

Posts: 220 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. | Member Since: 03-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post