Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    1974 barth 24ft 8.2 Detroit diesel pusher $7,900
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1974 barth 24ft 8.2 Detroit diesel pusher $7,900
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of MichaelR
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

The guy,(posing as Dick's brother) that has this motorhome is apparently the mechanic from the dealership where Dick traded it in,(called and talked to Dick). Still sounds like a good deal for $7900.00 but I couldn't deal with someone so lacking in morals. Well, time to get back to scanning the Barthmobile Forum's and Craigslist for our first Barth. Thanks, Jim for your posting. It prompted me to make further inquiries which saved me making the mistake of buying an airline ticket.

Posts: 173 | Location: Greeneville TN | Member Since: 05-11-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

I thought the 12 price was last year (June) when Dick had it for sale. Aren't there TWO current ads @ $7900 from after Dick traded?

It seems that 'Billy" was hoping to step between the current owner and a prospect in order to line his pockets.

Once that gets sorted out, this would seem like a significantly better coach value than some recent offerings.

wonder which is the newer rear photo -- with or without the mural

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Now it's a 74! 22.5 wheels? Fishyer and fishyer.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I contacted the previous owners and was told...

"The coach was traded in for a Chevy Avalanche & Trailer about 2 weeks ago."

It appears the people who did the trade are selling it now.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
AGAIN:
12000 last Summer.
6800. This week (Phoenix Craig's)
Year, 1984 (on 1982 Ford chassis)

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Talk about an Orphan! Too bad, I'd really like to get this coach but it's just too scary now.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Maybe I can clarify some of this. When 2nd owner, Dick, owned this, he did a lot of work on it. Pretty much restored the interior, repainted the exterior, solar panels, just lots of upgrades. When he was trying to sell it himself he was asking $12000. It didn't sell so he traded it in on the Avalanche. Now, whoever has it, the dealer or whoever the dealer sold it to, wants somewhere around $6800/$7900 for it. When I talked to Dick, his description said to me that it was unique to say the least. Realize that the F600 chassis had many variations and we don't know much about which one is being used here. Dick said it was very sturdy, but not as comfortable as some of the newer motor home chassis. The bed arrangement is also a little odd. As I said before, if someone is really interested, call Dick. I wouldn't worry about the rather unusual person who currently is on the Craigs List ad. BTW, this IS a 1984 barth on a 1982 Ford chassis. If I wanted something to mess with, I'd buy it in a minute. It would be a good addition to anybody's stable of Barth's and probably rescued from the current owner.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Danny, you need to go get this. You would probably be the only person with two 'Glassnoses'. cheers

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post