Reply To This Topic

1997 Barth
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and Tere:
Nick, what does that data tag tell us about length and engine and chassis? With the basement storage in the pics, wouldn't it be something other than a P chassis?
Jim
The data tag indicates a 34 foot coach. NADA does show a 34 foot gas model in 1998. Since this coach was built in May it may have been an early 1998 model. We need the VIN to determine the chassis and engine information. I think I remember this being a Ford 460 but I'm just not sure.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Heard from the seller. It is a Ford motor and a Ford chassis. He is taking pic of data tag and will send to me. Rear queen, split bath, center kitchen, front living room. Was Ford making the 460 in 1997? Or would it have been the V10? I'm still interested for the kids but as BillH says, it's a pretty weird floor plan. And unless it's not a very heavy chassis, I'd much prefer a diesel with that big a motor home. The tag indicates it must have a pretty good GVWR.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Heard from the seller. It is a Ford motor and a Ford chassis.
So my memory is not as bad as Donna says it is. Click

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Heard from the seller. It is a Ford motor and a Ford chassis. He is taking pic of data tag and will send to me.
Thanks for asking, please post this when you get it Jim. Thumbs Up
quote:
And unless it's not a very heavy chassis, I'd much prefer a diesel with that big a motor home. The tag indicates it must have a pretty good GVWR.
My 33 Foot Barth pulls nicely and I am very happy with my setup. Others here have complained about the 460 in a pusher configuration but I have yet to hear someone complain about their puller 460. We had 3 ~ 460 Ford pullers at the WDC GTG and I did ask the other 2 how they felt about their coaches power.

Here is my data tag for weight comparisons.

You could also go to the data tag project and compare the other 460 powered coaches.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I agree that anything with a GVWR of 20000# or less wouldn't be a problem. I was thinking more in the 30000# range. One of those 460 pushers was on a John Deere chassis rated at 32000#.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Nick, do you know when you received the data tag info? Trying to see how long this thing has been for sale, and if the current seller is the same as the last one. I did see the NADA for a 98 34'er. Looks like 15/20 would be a good price? But, like so many others, they probably have more than that in it. As BillH said, this is the lower end but with Barth bones.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of billyt53
posted Hide Post
Hey guys, this is a 1991, not a 1997. Look at the production date (10-90), center left. Freightliner Corp bought Oshkosh Chassis in the mid-nineties and ceased all gasoline product lines.

Billy & Helen Thibodeaux

Retired from Billy Thibodeaux's Premiere RV, Inc. Scott, LA 70583 I-10 Exit 97
The Farm is near Duson, LA I-10 Exit 92 then N 1 mile on right
Three Full 50 Amp RV Hookups !
billynhelen@me.com
Data Tag: 9404-3908-36XI-2C
1994 Sovereign 36' Widebody on Spartan IC (Mountain Master Lite) Chassis.
Powered by Cummins ISL9-450
Onan 8,000 Quiet Diesel Genset
Toad: 2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2 Diesel with M&G Car Brake

Posts: 374 | Location: 1mile north of I-10 Exit 92, Duson, LA USA in The Heart of CAJUN COUNRTY ! ! ! | Member Since: 05-14-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billyt53:
Hey guys, this is a 1991, not a 1997. Look at the production date (10-90), center left. Freightliner Corp bought Oshkosh Chassis in the mid-nineties and ceased all gasoline product lines.
That is my tag Billy. Computer

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Do we know for sure it's a Ford chassis?

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
I remember seeing this one for sale about a year ago as it was sitting in a snowbank then, too. I remember thinking about the gasser business.

Marshall is about 45 miles from me so I could do a "first impression" visit for someone if they are truly interested in purchasing it. I've got a camera and the ol' sniffer is still pretty good. I'd need a fairly detailed list of questions but would be glad to help if I can.

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
The seller sent me an email, said the data tag was in a cabinet and hard to get a pic of, but the GVWR was 17000#, 6000# front and 11000# rear, plus 5000# for the tag axle. He also says the tire size is LT235/85R16E. That would be strange--a 34' Barth with 16" tires! Am I reading this right? If I didn't mention it before, it has a rear queen with a split bath. Theoretically, could sleep 5 if three of them were not too big. Yeah, thinking about the kids. Cool
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
ad was placed in Craigs again yesterday. I sent an inquiry. would like to go see the unit tomorrow or otherwise soon. It is less than an hour from me. same (poor) pics in ad as 13 months ago, complete with dog's ass. So, no point is asking my usual question "has there been cigarette smoke or pets in the unit?" looks like kind of a bastard unit with dinette where copilot seat should be. ad says sleeps 7. go figure

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
I'd bet this "justanswer.com" post pertained to the same M34 (especially considering the same sort of problems with spelling):
Customer Question

Ask your own question now >
I have a 1997 Barth motorhome with a forc chasis, This vehicle has a tag axle with air suspension, The pump has stopped working and I can not add air to the suspension Where is this pump located so I can check its function?
Submitted: 289 days and 13 hours ago.
Category: RV Value: $15 Status: CLOSED

Optional Information

Year : 1997
Make : Ford
Model: Barth motor home
Engine: 450 V-8 gasoline

Already Tried:
looking for the tag axle pressure pump

Read more: RV Questions - I have a 1997 Barth motorhome with a forc chasis, This vehicle - JustAnswer http://www.justanswer.com/rv-m...e.html#ixzz1C7WGUK9J

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
In two emails, I had advised the seller that I would look at the coach today. He agreed to 2:00 and told me call when I was leaving. At 1 I called and he said "No, thought you were coming tomorrow. I can't go there now." I apologized for the misunderstanding. later he wrote to apologize when he re-read my emails and saw that today was to have been the day. So, I still have not seen it.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Of course there's no NADA for a gas powered 34' Barth made in '97. Will try to get the data tag from the seller and post it. This actually is a very interesting Barth. Were the sides and roof aluminum in that year?
BTW, I'm quite proud of myself, having followed Bill's tutorial to upload these to Photo Bucket and put them in the post. Doesn't take much for a 71 year old to be proud. It will wear off quickly, I promise Winkeight rear wheels?what size range would that qualify?wally 34ft monarch-van-isle
Jim

Posts: 191 | Location: vancouver island bc | Member Since: 01-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post