Tools
Reply To This Topic

1993 28' Breakaway
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/13
Picture of Steve Griffin
posted
http://bozeman.craigslist.org/rvs/3954280142.html

"1993 Barth Breakaway Class A Motorhome - $15000 (Manhattan, MT)
This is Amereica's shortest diesel pusher at 28'. Designed for all-season comfort. Cummins 5.9 liter turbocharged power. View photos at https://plus.google.com/photos...thkey=CPC6tOyegMbsfw

Presently in Montana. Can arrange inspection. Call 310-386-0264"

Posts: 151 | Location: Oologah, OK | Member Since: 10-05-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I've called the owner and left a message. There are a few questions like wheelbase, 50 or 30 amp, 4-speed or 6-speed, miles, tires, the usual. Will post answers when we get them.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
WB: 144", 30A service. Unlikely to have any but a 4 speed (unless upgraded).

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Rusty, would this be the same chassis as yours? It doesn't look like it has very much basement storage space. Would it be a Spartan?
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Same chassis (Spartan 1000), different drivetrain and superstructure. The post-'93 28's had the floor raised about 10", which is why mine has so much basement room.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Talked with the owner and have the following info
Cummins 190hp
4-speed tranny
4 tires in 2011 maybe Michelins
50 amp service
one a/c with heat strip
spot light
sat dish
security system
7kw propane gen w/279 hours. converted from lng to vapor system
3way frig
separate black/grey tanks with macerator
levelers
windshield wiper delay
3 awnings
direct tv receiver

Owner will call tomorrow with wheelbase and height. Wants to sell it in the next week and if it doesn't sell then will turn it over to a dealer. If it can fit in the garage, this might be a good buy for us. We wouldn't have to spend $6000 for new tires and levelers. 'Course Tere would have to be in favor of the whole idea.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
You snooze, you lose, Jim.
not as efficient interior as my 30' with dinette, or as efficient driveline as a 1994, but very nice.
92 brochure says 145" WB. Standard engine was only 160hp w AT542 tranny in 28', 16,000 GVWR.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
WB is 146" (measured) on mine - I mixed it up with the WB on my LWB Ford van @144".

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Owner says the GVWR is 18000#. Waiting to hear from him this morning. Need to make sure it will it in the garage.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

posted Hide Post
mileage on engine,photos of engine compartmentany under chassis photos?

Posts: 48 | Location: gilroy ca | Member Since: 11-15-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and Tere:
Owner says the GVWR is 18000#. Waiting to hear from him this morning. Need to make sure it will it in the garage.
Jim

Brochure says 18K for the 30'
Brochure shows same brakes for both and same tank capacities for both.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
16K GVW is standard, (6K front, 10K rear) but mine has the same rear springs as MWrench's 30' (12K). Never had more than 10,250 on mine. 50A service on a 28' would be rare, especially with the standard single A/C. The base engine was 160 HP, but the 190 is a possibility.

It seems a lot of the info needs to be verified.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
I don't think any of the things about which there might be some confusion would diminish Jim & Tere's enjoyment of this coach.
If his 29' Regal fits in his garage, this 28' Breakaway ought to as well.

Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Is there anybody near Bozeman Montana? Tere and I are about to fly out there to get this coach, but you never know until you see it, what you might have, so if someone is nearby, it might save us a trip. Of course,we'll pay for any expense incurred
The height is 10' 4", 2" shorter than Old Blue. At this point, we would not sell Old Blue until we're sure we like Brown Bert better. This is the same layout of Baby Barth's Breakaway which I had for a short time, so I'm familiar with the coach and the mechanicals. I would prefer a 6-speed, but the way I drive, it probably won't make much of a difference. Thanks
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't think any of the things about which there might be some confusion would diminish Jim & Tere's enjoyment of this coach.

Nope, but finding that there were errors in the info would make anyone wonder what others there are.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke