Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    bowling green craigslist > for sale / wanted > cars & trucks - by owner > 1996 barth 36ft motorhome - $6500
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

bowling green craigslist > for sale / wanted > cars & trucks - by owner > 1996 barth 36ft motorhome - $6500
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
I get emails all the time alerting me to possible finds for our members. Here is one such find with a rebuke post on craigslist.
quote:
============================================================
1996 barth 36ft motorhome

Date: 2010-02-11, 12:47PM

96 barth 36ft motorhome sleeps four fully self contained 7500 onan quiet generater cummins diesel engine 21k miles 6500 obo call 270-202-6024 calls only do not check email

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Original URL: http://bgky.craigslist.org/cto/1596378568.html

Then there is a follow up to this post. I guess someone drove to look at it and gave their impressions.
quote:
about the 1996 barth motor home

Date: 2010-02-20, 7:21AM

FOR YOUR OWN GOOD DONT EVEN CALL ABOUT THIS RV. IT IS A HUNK OF JUNK. I DROVE 3 HOURS TO LOOK AT IT AND I WOULD NOT HAVE TAKEN IT IF IT WERE GIVEN TO ME. NO JOKE. THE INSIDES ARE GONE AND THE OUTSIDE HAS BEEN PAINTED WITH A ROLLER. JUST WANTING TO SAVE YOU ALL GAS MONEY AND THE TROUBLE

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Original URL: http://bgky.craigslist.org/rvs/1609350073.html

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I wonder what kind of person would spend Barth money on a nice big coach then wreck it.
I also wonder what the second guy thought he would get for 6500 OBO?

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3479 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
There's something fishy here. Heck, a 1996 Barth shell w/diesel and diesel genset for $6500 is a steal for just the chassis and parts. Either the year is off or this is some elaborate joke or scam.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
At least painting with a roller is not as bad as applying barn paint with a broom. I once saw an RV (converted school bus) that appeared to have been painted in such a manner.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I once had a friend who painted his old Studebaker with a sponge. He used automotive paint, taped it and prepared it carefully and it didn't look half bad. At least from 10 ft away.

Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
My Uncle Bill painted his 194? Something, in my Dad's garage with a paint brush. It was purple and I thought it was very cool. It was a coupe with a ledge in the back so big a kid of 7 or 8 could lay up there and day dream all day on a long trip (which I did) Uncle Bill was also very cool.
J

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I called the lady that owns this Barth today. She is a very nice lady who was widowed two years ago. The Barth is a 1992, not a 1996. It is a converted medical unit. It has the factory paint job and she thinks the guy that looked at it went to the wrong place and must have looked at a different RV hmm

She said when they bought it, the Barth had been in a hurricane and got water damage inside. I didn't ask if that had been fixed or where D'oh

It has what she called a front diesel pusher confusion I gave up trying to explain pusher and puller, but it seems it has a Cummins 5.9 front engine in it. Perhaps they always went in reverse, who knows? It also has a diesel Onan genset.

She is sending me pictures Monday.