Picture of Lee
posted
Pros: LOTS of things..... Thumbs Up

Cons: It needs polishing.... Frowner

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...&hash=item46085da71e
quote:

One of a kind AMAZING Barth RV NO RESERVE
vin# 1GBJP37WIE3349531

WOW look what I found! A 1985, 21ft Barth RV that looks like an OLD vintage 70’s model with only 80,000 miles. Comes with a 454 V8, with an automatic tranny that sits on a Chevy chassis. Not sure if you know anything about these Barth RV’s but these were each CUSTOM built all aluminum as HIGH END RV’s to compete with the BIG BOY’S! I picked this RV up from the original family owners. (It was passed from mom, to sister to niece but as I understand it, it has remained in 1 family its entire life) It spent a majority of its life under a carport so the roof and exterior are AMAZING and should polish up nice! (We washed it, but have not buffed the RV to shine like an airstream, but as you can see from the photo of the front, I did buff a small area about 12 inches wide to show how it will polish up. B-U-T-FULL) This RV will look INCREDIBLE once it is all polished and buffed out to shine like a mirror. All of the exterior storage compartments open and close as they should, I even have the original keys for all the locks that work! (Even have all the original owners manuals as you can see in 1 photo) We started it up and drove it approx 50 miles home, ran and drove great. We had it tuned up with new plugs and wires and had the carb cleaned so now it runs even better. I got EVERYTHING to work inside and out except the generator (It has a few wires loose inside the compartment and I don’t know much about electrical so I did not want to mess it up) They said it ran fine, but I am selling it as unknown. Everything on the inside works as it should: hot water heater, water pump, furnace, roof air ect ect, even has a new refrigerator which cost about $1800 bucks. Plus, I just put on 6 brand new tires at a cost of $170.00 per tire, so you do the math! Roof has never leaked so interior roof is nice, and the floors are solid with NO soft spots. (PS: Even the spot light on top works great which is WAY COOL) You could go camping in it right now! Here is a list of things that I would fix if I were going to keep it: Has good front disk brakes, but rear pads are shot, will need new ones right away. The dual exhaust is intact and appears to be solid, but left donut gasket is bad so you can hear an exhaust leak. Plus, the tail pipes will need replaced. The outside compartment doors I think were originally painted from the factory and we stripped off the paint so they should be repainted. Interior is in great shape, but they started tearing out the carpet to replace with tile and never finished it, plus the doors that have cloth vent inserts to let air flow for the furnace are rotting, but an easy fix. The cabinets and doors themselves look great! This RV would be an easy restore as all fixes are very minor cosmetic issues, nothing to do with the function of the RV. This beautiful RV Even came with a heavy duty factory hitch with an 8 prong electric plug, so it would easily pull a heavy trailer making it a great show car or toy hauler. I guarantee this RV will be the TALK of wherever you drive it. If you are a serious vintage RV’er, this is the diamond in the rough you have been looking for, it will polish up to be A MAY ZING!!!! Call with any questions, 815-904-9447, you will not be disappointed. I can help delivery after it has been paid for.

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Bones
posted Hide Post
This one is in my backyard. I can go take a look if anyone wants.

Regal 25 built in 1989
1985 P-30 chassis
454 TH400

Posts: 212 | Location: Somewhere in the SW | Member Since: 03-06-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Ended This one early. Data tag on it 8506 3225 22FP1.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post