Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1979 24' in central Ohio
 Login now/Join our community

posted
No knowledge, just showed up in the COlumbus, OH Craigslist Sunday:
http://columbus.craigslist.org/rvs/4211645781.html

1979 Barth Motorhome - NO TRADES - $2850 (Pataskala)

1979 Barth Motorhome for sale.

24ft
Aluminum body
P30 Chevrolet Chasis
454 V8
400 Turbo Transmission
Onan Generator
Newer refigerator
Roof A/C
Zip Dee Window Awnings
Sleeps 8
New Coach batteries

This motorhome needs a little TLC but contains lots of updates. For additional info, please call me at 614 two 0 four 6 seven 45. If there is no answer, please leave a message and I'll return your call asap.

NO TRADES...please
NO TEXTS...please

Thanks for your interest!

Posts: 42 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 12-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anybody near by that wants to go check this beauty out?

Posts: 16 | Location: Pensacola, FL | Member Since: 09-26-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey guys first time posting here but I fell in love with Barths a long time ago when i spotted one in my home town. I dont know too much about this particular one. If someone would like to enlighten me on the pros and cons or just any info in general would be much appreciated as I am not too knowledgeable on Barths Thanks

Posts: 16 | Location: Pensacola, FL | Member Since: 09-26-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Braley
posted Hide Post
I'm in Milan, 100 miles from Columbus and not likely to be traveling that direction soon. Looks like a nice unit - no pics of the interior?
Braley

Posts: 42 | Location: Milan, OH | Member Since: 07-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ahh yes the search button maybe I should of thought of that before asking. Thanks

posted Hide Post
Hey guys Im going to go take a look at this next week sometime. Its a 1979 24' on a P30 chassis with a 454. But the thing is that I have no RV ownership experience. I've been searching the website so I know somewhat what to look for exhaust system, airbags, manifolds suspension etc. Is there any last minute suggestions of what to look for? Any and all info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Justin:
Is there any last minute suggestions of what to look for? Any and all info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...1087061/m/5621045161

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Partly inspired by this website I just called the owner and I am now the proud owner of a BARTH MOTOR HOME. Same exact model and floor plan as this one: https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...1087061/m/9083935657

But mine has the fixed dinette and what looks like a smaller fold out couch maybe. Couldn't find any pics of the 1979 24 footer with a mirror finish that I've seen on here but i believe that the same model as well. Got it for $2,500.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
Brakes, Brakes, Brakes! The rubber brake hoses separate from the inside and will lock the brakes. They are cheap and easy and I would recommend you replace all four, flush the brake system (and bleed) before you go very far. I use DOT 5 silicone brake fluid from Royal Purple and it is easy to tell when you have flushed out all the old type- the color turns to purple! I suspect many people have hard or locked brakes and go to a garage and get sold calipers and shoes and master cylinders when it is the rubber hoses that cause the condition. Welcome aboard - there a few experienced Barthers in the Gulf Coast should you need help.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Welcome, Justin.
You have your work cut out for you. Don't get discouraged. Most everything you'll need (for the brakes and much more) will be readily available.
Your Barth isn't going to depreciate. You should get a lot of enjoyment for a modest cash outlay.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Ditto on changing the brake fluid.

I alternate between ATE super blue and super gold. The color change tells me when I have completely replaced the old fluid.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Sale of ATE Super Blue Racing DOT 4 has been banned.

Color is the issue. Government gladly protecting us from ourselves.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
72081169MC22C
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Race car suppliers are still selling it.

TMI Racing on E Bay seems to have the best price.

Of course, it is only legal for race cars or race motor homes.

BTW, it comes in a metal can, so it will not absorb moisture from the air like fluid in plastic bottles. If I am left with a partial can, I dump enough marbles in it to raise the level to the top, thereby forcing out any moist air from the container.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why would you use anything other than silicone brake fluid in your coach? see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DOT_4

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes ours are air, but for those with hydraulic I strongly suggest synthetics, no absorption of water; no corrosion of calipers and pistons; and no developing sludge in the system. The only reason the auto makers use the other DOT's is because they are cheap and they can sell you new parts, eventually.