Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth Sighted in Albany Georgia
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I know precious little about Barths, but there is a tiny, ancient Barth sitting at a U-Haul storage facility just north of Albany Georgia. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera but next time I will and I'll try and get some information from the owner.

Posts: 31 | Location: Americus, Georgia | Member Since: 05-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Stick; When you say tiny do you mean a Class C with a van type front end? All who wander are not lost. Smiler

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No - It looked a lot like the silver one that was sold on ebay recently. Very boxy. I'm going to try and get down there this weekend and find out the story. I don't even know if it is for sale. Looks like it was painted with a brush. A large black shoebox with a bad paint job.

Posts: 31 | Location: Americus, Georgia | Member Since: 05-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stick Miller:
I'm going to try and get down there this weekend and find out the story.
take pics... try to get the data tag

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finally got a chance to take some pictures of the small Barth in Albany Georgia. I could not get inside, but left my card for the business owner to call me back, hopefully with a picture of the information tag over the driver's seat. The tag is there, I just couldn't read it from outside the locked coach.

We'll see if these pictures post.

posted Hide Post
I have some other information on this Barth. It is a '79 with a 350 chevy engine in it. The owner called me and is willing for me to take a picture of the inside. I'm not a Barth owner, but I believe it is important to maintain a registry of these coaches.

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stick Miller:
I'm not a Barth owner, but I believe it is important to maintain a registry of these coaches.
Ah... You get it! Thank you for your help.

If you can, please get a picture of the data tag and also write those numbers down in case it isn't clear.

Some have the actual "Chassis Vin#" on this tag while others do not. If you can get that too (not critical) I would appreciate it.

The rest of us, you know, actual Barth owners... What are you waiting for? Confused

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post