Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Interesting barth
 Login now/Join our community

posted
What do the pros on this site think of this unit?

Nice barth

Posts: 60 | Location: Tucson | Member Since: 12-25-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Text from the ad follows (more durable than link)

Price$18,900 USDCurrency
Ad #6087104
Barth
TypeClass A Gas
Status Used
Length28.00 ft.
GVWRN/ADry WeightN/A
VIN1GBKP37W5J3319407
Fuel Type Gas
Odometer21423
Chassis N/A
Engine N/A
Sleeps4
Slide-outs N/AR
FOR SALE: 1988 Restored Barth Motor Coach, Wheelen RV, Joplin, MO
Class A - Gas / Joplin, MO 1988 Barth Motor Coach completely restored inside and outside! New cabinets, upholstery, oak flooring. HDTV, Twin Beds with rear bath. 21423 original miles, newer generator. Super sharp! Chevy engine. Truly one of a kind! Outside straight no dents or dings, new wheel liners! Solid Surface Countertops, microwave, stove, refer, water heater, furnace! The perfect Retro Motor Coach!

Unit Features: AC Unit,Aluminum Skin,Bath Fan,Central Vacuum,Dual Rockers,Generator,HD TV,Rear Bath

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Maybe Rusty can move this to SIGHTINGS and change the topic to 1988 Barth 28'

It might have been this (from page 20 of SIGHTINGS)
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...1087061/m/6813934377
When only a link is posted, and/or topic is vague like "interesting Barth" doing accurate research later is impossible. Scanning down the pages and columns of SIGHTINGS for year and length is easy, when they are posted in that manner.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
Picture of Tool Man T
posted Hide Post
I'm no pro but think the coach looks beautiful for its age. I too have been looking at this one and have talked to a salesman at the dealership.
Getting information from him is like pulling teeth. It is with them on consignment.

The salesman did send a couple of photos I asked him for but has not gotten back to me with answers to any of my questions. This go's back to the beginning of last month.

I don't know if I believe the mileage but in all probability it is correct. The photo of the engine compartment I asked him to send me hardly looks like a motor with only 21k on it IMHO. And the photo of the roof gives me the same feeling.

Joplin is a little to far for me to go with out having some additional information on the coach and it's evident I wont be getting it from them.
And they are very evasive about putting me in touch with the present owner.

Can't be sure but I think this dealer may have helped himself to a brochure from Barthmobile.com for his ad.

The asking price confusion.

Joel Taylor

Posts: 164 | Location: South Carolina | Member Since: 05-12-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Joel: Dealers that have consignment units do not usually reveal any info on the owner. Sometimes it is because they are afraid the seller will try and bypass the dealer. Other times it is because they are not going to reveal the actual selling price to the owner. There are a lot of unscrupulous RV dealers. Perhaps someone reading this thread will have some info on the dealer. I am wondering why a coach with that low mileage needed new cabinets and a complete interior rebuild. I contacted the dealer and am awaiting a reply. I do not think the photos came from a brochure. You can see many MH's in the background. Looks like a dealer lot. Perhaps someone familiar with Barth interiors can comment on the cabinetry. Are those original cabinets? Did Barth use solid countertops with that fancy faucet?

Posts: 60 | Location: Tucson | Member Since: 12-25-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tool Man T
posted Hide Post
Moisheh, The brochure I was talking about is the PDF in his ad for the Barth Regal, not the actual photos of the coach.

I did an internet search on the dealer and saw some complaints; mostly regarding customer service.

I told the guy I talked with that I would not go around him and try to deal with the owner. I just wanted to get some answers he could not give me to some basic questions. In fact he couldn't tell me anything about it.

Like you I am also wondering about the remodel. The cabinetry and counter tops look original to the coach. The only thing that looks different is the cabinetry of the couch base.

Like I said, Joplin is a bit far for me to go with no information. I was thinking of putting out a request for a member that my live near the thing to check it out for me.

I have to admit, The thing looks real good in the photos. java

Joel Taylor

Posts: 164 | Location: South Carolina | Member Since: 05-12-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Joel;; yes it does look too good to be true. I must be blind as I do not see any PDF?? Looking at Barth brochures I think the dealer has made some false statements. The cabinetry is exactly like the brochure. The flooring is probably new and the sofa is quite different. I wonder what happened to the bed covers? I have been looking at various Classic MH's and this one sure has my attention. I do not trust dealers. They will tell you anything to make a sale.

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
NADA price:

Suggested Base Price $78,300

---Low $8,550

---High $10,300
Options: (add)
TOTAL PRICE: $8,550 ~~~ $10,300

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Although that price may be high if the unit is as described with almost no problems then somewhere between the high value and the asking price would not be too much to pay. Would sure beat buying one for say $8000 and have to spend another $10,000 getting it up to snuff. However I am suspicious that all is not as described.

Picture of Tool Man T
posted Hide Post
Moisheh, I didn't realize you were looking an RVT ad. I was looking at the listing on dealer's web site.

Joel Taylor