Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Found one in Wisconsin
 Login now/Join our community

posted
http://www.quietwoodsrvfoxvall...87-barth-34-614396-9

I'm thinking this is the Detroit diesel and MCC chassis? That's all I can get from the VIN and google-fu. Google-fu says "stay away"?

Posts: 42 | Location: WI | Member Since: 08-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was excited till I realized it is on an MCC chassis with a 8.2 diesel

Posts: 36 | Location: Edmonton ab | Member Since: 08-25-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spoke to the dealer this morning. It is an MCC w/8.2L DD. Miles are supposed to be actual, the folks that traded it in had it at a permanent site, then drove it infrequently on trips. They are supposed to be checking on the age of the tires/batteries/last service on engine & transmission. Depending on these items, while not the most desirable combination of chassis/engine, it may not be a terrible buy at or below the asking price.

Posts: 42 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 12-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So does this chassis have independent rear suspension too ?

Posts: 36 | Location: Edmonton ab | Member Since: 08-25-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skloon:
So does this chassis have independent rear suspension too ?

As I understand it, yes.

Posts: 42 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 12-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
1987 Barth 34'
VIN: 1RP1A5865H1US1052
Price: $9,995
MCC Regency w/8.2L DD.
Miles 31208
See pics
http://www.quietwoodsrvfoxvall...earch?s=true&types=9

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Smiley:
1987 Barth 34'
VIN: 1RP1A5865H1US1052
Price: $9,995
MCC Regency w/8.2L DD.
Miles 31208
See pics
http://www.quietwoodsrvfoxvall...earch?s=true&types=9

Some additional information from the dealer:
The original binder with all the paperwork is with the coach - but it says "Regal" not Regency. Coach has new batteries but tires are about 13 years old (9Rx22.5 on alloys). It does have a diesel genset. No word on when fluids were last changed.

Seems to be priced right, but I think it will be too sluggish for us with our race car & trailer. Still looking for an 8.3L Cummins w/6 spd Allison!

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Some additional information from the dealer:The original binder with all the paperwork is with the coach - but it says "Regal" not Regency. Coach has new batteries but tires are about 13 years old (9Rx22.5 on alloys). It does have a diesel genset. No word on when fluids were last changed.

Thanks for posting the dealer information. click here Craig, I have a request for you.
or try this

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the price, really it seems in line for the rig. I'm also not averse to doing an engine and transmission swap, but the MCC chassis seems like a complete orphan, no parts to be had.

off topic - why does everyone assume a 5-digit odometer has never gone over 99,999? Just sayin'

Posts: 42 | Location: WI | Member Since: 08-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Craig71188:
Some additional information from the dealer:
The original binder with all the paperwork is with the coach - but it says "Regal" not Regency.
Based on the "roof line profile" this is most likely a "Regal 34D SE". Could also be, but I doubt it, a "Regal 32D SE" if they measured the bumpers to give you the 34' length. The 1987 models saw only the following based on KBB and NADA

Get The "Data Tag Number"

Regal 22 ~ Regal 25 ~ Regal 28 ~ Regal 31

Regal SE 32D ~ Regal SE 32T ~ Regal SE 34D ~ Regal SE 34T

Regency 36RD ~ Regency 38RD ~ Regency 40RD

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will call the salesman I have been speaking to and see I he will shoot a picture of the data tag for those that have asked. Will post it up here if/when he sends it over.

From what I have read this is a non-turbo motor @ about 205-210 hp?

posted Hide Post
ok iv been reading this about the MMC chassis is there a problem with them just wondering like to know

Posts: 132 | Location: Ruskin flordia | Member Since: 08-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And the data tag says...Regency!

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Nice work Craig!

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
IIRC, when Barth acquired the MCC rights, the coaches were built by the Regency division which had acquired those rights.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post