Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    1993 Chevrolet P30 with Barth RV conversion - dual Kohler 7kW Generators
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1993 Chevrolet P30 with Barth RV conversion - dual Kohler 7kW Generators
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted

It's a shame that the government can spend good money and then let something go to waste from neglect...

District of Columbia Government, DC
quote:
Bill,

Take a look at this Barth conversion. Thought you would like this one for your picture files. It would take a lot of work to get this one going, someone may be interested (???) .

Jim

click below:

http://www.govdeals.com/index....mid=1123&acctid=3934

1993 Chevrolet P30 MOTORHOME CONVERSION, 7.4L V8 OHV 16V. - 1GBKP37N7P3320727
Dual Kohler 7CCKM-21RV 7kW Generators

This vehicle was used for mobile health screenings around Washington, DC.
Keys: Yes. Buyer will receive keys, title, and bill of sale at pickup location on pick up day.
Miles: 15,382
Hours on Generator1: 2,664
Hours on Generator2: 2,635
Condition of vehicle and generators is unknown. Only one generator is shown in the photos.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
The bumpers look a little odd. Nice spare tire setup. Both, I guess, could be original equipment hmm

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BarthBluesmobile
posted Hide Post
>Nice spare tire setup.
Mine has a similar tire on a post idea.

>It's a shame that the government can spend good money and then let something go to waste from neglect...
The flip side of that coin is that some guy is going to get a great rig that can be rebuilt and customized and last decades more.

What a shame that a rooftop AC unit was taken and hole is there.

Bidding is up to $301. I hope this does not go to the scrapper.

The sun damage on the coolant overflow tank (same as on mine) tells me that this rig has been sitting for many many years.

Parts availability won't be an issue. Based upon my experience, you'd have to guess that all steel fuel and brake lines should be replaced, and all rubber lines should be replaced, the tires should be replaced, brake pads also.

Rust does not look bad on the view of the engine and radiator area. Hopefully the underside is in a similar condition.

This is a diamond in the rough!!!!
Matt

1987 Barth 27' P32 Chassis
Former State Police Command Post
Chevrolet 454
Weiand Manifold, Crane Cam, Gibson Exhaust

Posts: 523 | Location: Massachusetts | Member Since: 07-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's a shame that the government can spend good money and then let something go to waste from neglect...

Just the tip of the iceberg...Waste, fraud & abuse in the D.C. government rivals that of the feds. Remember a short while back, when the White House purchased two custom Prevosts (made in Canada!)so the POTUS could spend five days on the road touting health care reform?
You can bet those units are now just sitting in storage, waiting for the day they'll look like this unit and be auctioned off for cents on the dollar Mad

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
The city comptroller of Dixon IL managed to divert 30 Million Dollars into her own account over 20 years, buying a 2 million $ Motorhome, horses, trucks and trailers and get $80,000 a year salary. Sometimes I really wonder what my tax money buys ...
on the flip side this unit is ready for a LSU fan (purple stripe).

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Remember a short while back, when the White House purchased two custom Prevosts (made in Canada!)so the POTUS could spend five days on the road touting health care reform?

You can bet those units are now just sitting in storage, waiting for the day they'll look like this unit and be auctioned off for cents on the dollar Mad
Remember... we did talk about the 2 Prevosts a few months back. 08-22-2011 09:17 AM

Also, keep in mind, I purchased a unit that was "Like This" in the maintenance aspect and can tell you I was happy with my purchase. Right now, it's above what I paid for mine by a buck. Big Grin

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Nick should buy it, it's in his color.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Moonbeam-Express:
Nick should buy it, it's in his color.
A nice purple stripe and it will certainly take a lot of GOLD mechanic

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post