Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    1972 Barth 28' - $5000 OBO (Roy--Seattle)
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1972 Barth 28' - $5000 OBO (Roy--Seattle)
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
https://seattle.craigslist.org...ited/6953652483.html

see pics

IF you've been searching the internet for an all aluminum chevy powered dreamcoach, this is it.

This 1972 Barth is still a project. We've been using it for 2 years as it is for long camping trips and to tow our off road machine to various camp sites.

If you do a little research, you'll find that these were the premier luxury motorhomes of their day.

Good:
All aluminum construction in terms of skeletal and skin. This means the structure will never corrode or rot.
New tires (all 6) May 2019
New brake pads up front
Big Block 400 (high compression 396 bored .030 over from GM)
TH400 shifts perfect
Runs great
All appliances work as they should
Fridge is Gas or electric
Furnace, water heater and stove are propane
Has two roof AC. Both function but only the rear blows ice cold
Can tow a car trailer with ease
has a massive Onan 6500 generator
New house battery

Not so great:
Has all copper water lines and in the bathroom theres a couple leaks under the sink area
Theres a small propane leak at the on board tank main fitting. we just bypass it to small tanks if we need to use propane.
There was two minor leaks (one in driver area and another in the bathroom) which damaged the roof paneling which has been removed and the leaks were fixed, its been like this for 2 winters with good results.
Theres a few quirks here and there like any old RV
Brakes are soft, been trying to narrow it down, but no luck, bled them several times with no great luck, but I still tow my 18' trailer with wheeler on it with no issues.

This RV is totally usable or even livable.. Would make a great resto candidate or even the weekend attention grabber at any camp site.

I'm not interested in trades unless the value exceeds $7500 and needs 0 work. The reason im even selling is because my lack of time to restore to my liking and I'd rather finance my upcoming wedding.
Some trades I would consider would be Turbo diesel pickups with at least 4 seats, nice harley (no sportsters), finished race cars, something LS powered and every day drivable, crew cab chevy 03+ 2 or 4wd.
I may be into other things of value including part trades with cash on your end.

Call or text - >>>>show contact info
Clean title in hand

The Price is $5000 or best reasonable offer. No rush or need to sell.

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
https://seattle.craigslist.org...ited/6976556039.html

Now $4800.00

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post