Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    Regency 36 ft.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Regency 36 ft.
 Login now/Join our community

"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
Quote: GETS 111 MPG

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Would this actually belong in Barth Sightings, since it is not member owner?

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Who cares? It is an add!
"Barth Sightings
Barths seen on the road, or for sale on Ebay or local newspapers."

Aren't we getting a little to picky?

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Smiley:
Quote: GETS 111 MPG

Mentioned earlier as "gets excellent furl milesge"

And "minor water damage" with no details. Hmmm.....

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWrench:
Who cares? It is an add!
"Barth Sightings

Rusty moved the post as noted. This is where it belongs

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
It's an MCC! My brother has the identical coach (it's actually 35') and not much has been good. The engine and trans is fine, all the Barth features are fine BUT, the suspension, brakes, and drive line are woefully deficient and there are no eplacement parts available. The chassis was built from a Chevrolet 1 ton Army truck produced in one manufacturing run. So far his/our issues have been: Tie rod ends have to be built by a machine shop, nothing else fits; the pinion has broken twice dropping the driveshaft and causing broken wires and air lines and fluid lines: the Hydro boost is only repairable by sending it to A1-Cardone and they are running out of parts. The calipers are small and the rotors have to be increased in size to accomodate larger ones.
The frame is suspect because of the cracking from small mounts for the IRS torque rods and 5 link setups. So while it is a Barth and the basic Barth quality is there any long term conversion will require a new chassis and that is only reasonable if you have more money than most people.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I believe this might be Capt. Bob's coach. He doesn't lurk around this site too much but he was at one of the early GTGs at Hillsborough.
Much has been written here about the MCC chassis coaches. From what I understand if the upgrades were done it's a very nice riding and driving coach, but the parts and knowhow to do the upgrades today might be impossible, or at least not worth the effort.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
I have to jump in here about the MCC Regency.

Barb & I loved our 1985 Barth Regency 35ft and yes I did a lot to it with new front end suspension parts, new heavy duty shocks, new steering parts, new front end suspension parts, late model factory rebuilt engine with more HP, rebuilt front and rear master cylinders, heavy duty disc brake pads front & rear and assorted other parts. All greatly improved the negative and made for a very nice coach.

She drove like a luxury sedan down the highway, smooth without any sway from semi's or high winds. She was built like a tank. On one trip in Missouri we drove through snow and high winds and she did not budge. We have had her in the Ark. mtn.'s, Tn. mtn.'s and through the Al. mtn.'s with no trouble towing a 1995 Jeep Cherokee.
Now with that said, I just could not afford the time nor the money to try to find parts or have parts made.

Jim & Barb

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWrench:
Who cares? It is an add!
"Barth Sightings

No, actually the TOS requires entries in Barth Coaches for Sale be posted by a Barthmobile.com member, all others go under Barth Sightings.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post