1980 Regency (Earlham IA) - $8000
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted
https://desmoines.craigslist.o...ency/6732233165.html

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Nice to see another Barth in Iowa. It is about 200 miles from me though..

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2041 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
in as much as the link may evaporate at any minute...
"1980 Barth Regency for sale. 8.2 liter diesel pusher in good working order. Newer tires and batteries. Newer a/c. Base retail was 150000. $8000 boo
contact name:
Matt
call or text:
☎ (515) 991-3433"
1980 Barth Regency
VIN: 1RP1A5869C1US1046
condition: fair
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: diesel
odometer: 90000
paint color: blue
title status: clean
transmission: automatic

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Klareellis
posted Hide Post
Hi all, this is the Barth I bought. It is actually 1983.

Posts: 33 | Location: Iowa | Member Since: 11-25-2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Klare, after chatting with you, I know you could retrofit whatever you need to on your new to you BaRTH. Thank God for this website and Bill NY our Superman Thumbs Up Thumbs Up We have a few others intelligent members that will be at your disposal.
Tis the season to spread the CHEER

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Klareellis
posted Hide Post
I drove it home on saturday. I was a bit stressed about the 14yr old tires. The right rear outer tire was leaking from the bead and the valve stem. I have read members stories of the maiden voyage of their Barth. Most were horrific, such as blown transmission 60 miles into the 700 plus mile trip. Coach catching fire and burning to the ground. I made a total of 5 round trips (15 hrs total drive time) to the coach in preperation in bringing it home. I chose to take the 44 home rather than the 80.
The trip was rather uneventful. The only issue I had was the transmission would not downshift going up hills. I didnt want to manually downshift if fear of something braking, so I just putted up the hills. The brakelights were inop so I flipped on the running lights to signal I was braking. The coach was sitting for near 10yrs. The issues I have now are, no 12volt on shore power, no power at all to leveling jacks. Ive nit tried the propane because I was told there was a leak. So far I am very pleased with this purchase. Unfortunatley, ive zero paper work for coach....not even a data tag.

Posts: 33 | Location: Iowa | Member Since: 11-25-2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to "Barth Stories, Bought and Sold". Please take the time to post about the travel home with your new to you BaRTH.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of MichaelR
posted Hide Post
Should be a relay in your electrical components bay(mine located in front of drivers front tire), that has the relay for your coach 12V. Test operation of it. Lots of info on it in these forums as well as pics to help you get a visual on it.

Check the relay located on your hydraulic fluid tank(round black) for your levelers. Mine failed and I relocated it to a bulkhead as it was banded to the tank itself(not a good mounting base). The setup is located forward of the passenger front tire behind the bumper. Also is a microswitch located under the plate mounted around the base of the levers for operating your system(located to the left of the drivers seat), if an HWH setup.

Posts: 173 | Location: Greeneville TN | Member Since: 05-11-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
That is why this is such a great group. Some had similar experience and was able to give first hand place to start looking. thanks Michael

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1381 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Some of us even post pictures when we can...

If PhotoBucket is actually working head bang

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5157 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of MichaelR
posted Hide Post
I've received so much insight and guidance from our regular contributors tackling my own Barth mechanical issues over the years. Good to be able to pass it on to another in need. Smiler

Posts: 173 | Location: Greeneville TN | Member Since: 05-11-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post