Login now/Join our community

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted
PostingID: 1477422639

Edited by Rusty to make link

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
I think I'd call that a Class C. Wink Pretty cool indeed though, those seemed pretty rare.

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
What was I thinking, its a Class C of coarse.

Although I should have known this, I'll admit I do get confused on modern rigs what makes the difference. I always looks to me like Class Bs are smaller, but cost more. Anyone know the dif?

Corey

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
Class C's are built on a van chassis, but only resemble a van at the front cab and have a motorhome body attached... generally with the over-cab bunk. Class B's are simply converted/oversize vans with RV features inside. You are right that in many cases Class B's can be just as expensive as Class C's... I think it's because of the customization factor. B's aren't manufactured in such large numbers, so it costs more per unit to produce one.

Here's a good page describing the various types of RV's.

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I am trying to contact the owner of this Class C. If it's decent, I'll buy it for my kids with the triplets. It will work ok while the triplets are small. Is there anyone in the St. Petersburg area that would be willing to take a look at it for me? Mostly just need to know if there's any rust, what the tires look like and if it drives ok. Nothing real detailed. I'd be happy to pay whatever expenses might be involved.
Thanks
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
So far, I've had no success in contacting this guy. Left a voice message and sent an email. If anyone knows how to contact him, please let me know
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
My father had a different type of Class C. It was a 1966 GMC Truck with a chassis mount camper. To go from the cab to the rear, you had to climb through where the rear window would have been. It had a cab over bed but I don't remember the length. It was not a slide in camper. It had a big Straight 6 with loads of power. I can't remember if the entry door to the camper was on the side or in the rear.

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Capt Bob
posted Hide Post
hey i went and look at this rv yesterday and listened to it run, it hasnt been driven in 7 years, generator runs but not putting oujt any electric, some water damage in bath area but not real severe, tires are dry rotted, dash ac doesnt work, needs alot of TLC, i passed on it just because of how long it has been sitting and having to replace all the tires ,not much rust at all on this rv and would look good with the proper care, if you need more info on this let me know,,,,Capt Bob

Capt Bob
1984 35ft Regency
MCC chassis
8.2 Detroit Turbo

Posts: 115 | Location: West Central Florida | Member Since: 10-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Capt Bob:
hey i went and look at this rv yesterday and listened to it run...
Did you get any pictures or write down the data tag number for us?

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Capt Bob
posted Hide Post
hey Bill, no i didnt get any of that info or have my camera with me , i went with a friend of mine to help him out on looking it over, i can see if i can make it back there and get pics of the data tag,, capt Bob

Capt Bob
1984 35ft Regency
MCC chassis
8.2 Detroit Turbo

Posts: 115 | Location: West Central Florida | Member Since: 10-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Capt Bob, how did you get in touch with this guy? I've sent emails and left phone messages and haven't heard back. In fact his phone recording says 'it won't do any good to call back a second time'. Would you call me at 423-420-0293 or send me a PM with your phone and I'll call you.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
This Barth reminds me of My first MH. A 75 350 Chevy 21' Holiday Rambler class C. Coach was all aluminum framed. I mounted a Barth rear bumper on it, looked much better than the 4x4 tube. About the same floor plan as this one. Over 10 mpg if I stayed around 55 mph.
Advatages to class C are driver/pass doors with roll down and vent windows. Overhead bunk not taking up living space. Used parts for Chevy van easy to find. I realy liked mine. Would still have it if vandals hadn't broken all the windows out. Gave it to a fellow for the engine, Still has many good parts in it. The rear bumper I think is off a 78 regal , is in good shape if any one is interested.

Doorman

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doorman:
The rear bumper I think is off a 78 regal , is in good shape if any one is interested.
Interested... please contact me via PM.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi dont post mutch but a small family would love that C class!! Have 1975 just like this one ,traded beat up jeep for it only 23000 miles needs lot of tlc but have taken on6 7 400 mile trips 12 13 mpg. Room for 4 or 5. dont know if that one has shower mine dose but at 6ft 2 kind of small for me !!

Posts: 14 | Location: n.c | Member Since: 04-30-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Capt Bob
posted Hide Post
Sorry i didnt respond sooner, if anyone needs to have me look at this Barth further I will, my friend made him a $2000 offer , and i think he may take it, if needed call me at 727-482-4210 ,, anytime before 8 PM,,, Capt Bob

Capt Bob
1984 35ft Regency
MCC chassis
8.2 Detroit Turbo