Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

70's 'conversion' on I 75N Atlanta
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/15
Picture of stringmann
posted
At exactly 7pm 8 feb 2010 Monday I drove alongside what I believe was a 70's 30' unpainted commercial unit near the I75/I85 split downtown Atlanta. We were doing the speed limit in traffic so I couldn't get a picture. I believe it would have been commercial because of lack of windows; it had a tag, but an addition was on the back which raised the roofline and had a black back with a window surrounded by a flamey design. It could have been a ramp for a toy hauler, and perhaps the tag was added to support this extra several feet. It was gas and the manifold or muffler was heartily complaining. I believe it had GA plates, and said Walker county, which is NW GA. Anyone we know?

Posts: 118 | Location: Atlanta, GA USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Stringmann,
My guess is that this would be a conversion done by Elite Custom Paint and Body out of Lafayette, Georgia. They bought a commercial Barth off of ebay and drove it back from Arizona on 4 cylinders to Georgia where they overhauled it and put in a rear ramp and use it as a transporter and for shows. The geography is right. Perhaps you can call them and confirm the flamey design, maybe get them to submit a pic and a data tag for the site. Their number is 706-639-9493.

Posts: 3 | Location: usa | Member Since: 06-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post