Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Nasty sellers
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I have spent about 10 hours searching for a Barth . Many in this forum or on Craigslist have either been sold or pulled off the list. I ran across this one in a few places and it sounded interesting.

86 Regency The pictures are really bad so I asked the owner for more photos. Got a reply from a nice lady who is either the wife or daughter. Gave me some information. The owner is undergoing cancer treatments and I really felt sorry for the whole family. She answered some questions and told me she would send me some pictures. The owner sent me a note that was horribly written with no punctuation. I just assumed the poor guy was ill. I again asked for more photos. I am not driving over 1500 miles until I can see what I am getting. The owner then sends me a note that unit is perfect as it is a Barth and I should just bring a camera if I want photos. I obviously gave up on that one. How do people expect to sell anything with that attitude and no pictures! It has been for sale for awhile and likely will be for sale for a long time. He did reduce the price to $15,000. Still high but I thought it might be nice! Still looking.

Posts: 60 | Location: Tucson | Member Since: 12-25-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
http://www.rvt.com/Barth-Regal...O-ID6007281-UX111084

1986 Barth Regal.

1986 Barth Regal model in great condition-
Brown Tan and White exterior plus a Multi Colored theme interior decor-
28 feet in overall length-
Can sleep up to 4 occupants comfortably within-
Has been well maintained both interior and out-
The Interior has upgraded Twin beds with brand new Serta mattresses-
Equipped with a 454 V8 gas Chevrolet motor and an Automatic transmission that runs great-
Currently with 55000 original miles-
Drives relatively like a car-
All Aluminum body - riveted-
Does NOT leak anywhere-
Price $15,500
Type Class A - Gas
Length 28.

see pics

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Doug but that is the link that I posted! The one interior picture is too dark to see what is there. Smart sellers often post more than a dozen photos and then offer more if required. Would you drive from Nova Scotia based on those 4 bad pictures? Not me!

Posts: 60 | Location: Tucson | Member Since: 12-25-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
I sell you our 84 Beaver diesel pusher for less and throw in pictures from every angle Big Grin

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
It could be the owner and family have other priorities. And some folks aren't capable with photography, much less that in the digital age.

But I agree, there's no excuse for not responding, even if the response is to make excuses for not responding.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rusty: You are a kind person! Although many cannot take and post pictures everyone knows a person who can help! It might actually be a nice unit although it is seriously overpriced.

Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
With a smartphone it is so easy now to get a picture and text it or email it. To post is sometimes harder I agree. Took me several trials and errors for craigslist but really even my 84 year old dad got it (he is up and up on things. On the other side my mom even refused a cell phone).

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kevin: I did look at the photos of Ren's coach. It is beautiful! But I am looking for a short coach. 28 maybe 30 at most. A Regal would be best.

posted Hide Post
Kevin: I cannot give up I just started. I am also considering a Classic Winnie Chieftan.But so far have not found even one for sale! I like the Dodge M600 chassis as we had a Vogue on that chassis back in the 80's. Trouble is that Winnies are not built like Barths and most are junk by now. The P30 is easier when it comes to finding parts. In the meantime I enjoy looking at the repairs and upgrades that some Forum members have done. I admire craftsmanship.

Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Classic Winnie
asheville.craigslist.org/rvs/4823536049.html

nono Sorry
they DO exist LOL

posted Hide Post
Thanks Marvin: I owned one of those 18 footers in about 1982. Cute and actually roomy for the size. Drove to California and then sold it. It was almost impossible to drive at highway speeds. Worst handling of any unit I have owned. I think the WB was the same as a VW bug! It had new radials, new shocks, steer safe and a good alignment, Besides I am wanting a Chieftan and no less than 26 ft. Beginning to think that none exist.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Besides I am wanting a Chieftan and no less than 26 ft. Beginning to think that none exist.

There a reason few exist. Big difference between a pine frame and a riveted aluminium coach. I guessing a high percentage of Barths are still on the road or could be restored back to the road. So many of stick and staple SOBs have roofs rot away or frame work dry rot.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doorman: You are right . Many of them end up in someone's back yard. Not used or maintained. Then they are sold and used as a hunting unit. Or someone moves it into a derelict campground and lives full time in a moldy RV. Even some Barth's and Airstreams end up with that fate. What a shame. And you are also right that units like the Barth do not rot away as does a regular MH.

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I think the key is the roof structure. The wooden ones begin to sag, collect snow and rain, sag some more, start to leak. Then they rot away. Pretty soon the floor is gone and trees grow up through what used to be a roof.

The metal roofs hold up so much better and any rot is not structural.

When I bought 86Barth I knew very little about RVs but I always liked aluminum vehicles, busses and airplanes, etc. I was not disappointed. My coach needs some more work but nothing is serious.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5180 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post