Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    1976 Barth, trade for truck bed camper - $4400 (Avilla IN)
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1976 Barth, trade for truck bed camper - $4400 (Avilla IN)
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
https://fortwayne.craigslist.o...home/7004571769.html

SEE PICS

This is a 1976, Chevy Barth. And it was one of the most expensive, luxury filled RVs of the 70s. They were built, right here in Indiana and costs almost double what airstreams sold for. It's a perfect size, coming in right at 22 feet.

Going over the features, it actually has alot of them. And everything works!
It has a drop down twin bed, that rests above the driver seats, a regular sized, dinette bed, and a queen bed in the rear.

It has a cute/small kitchenette but is complete. Wiring has been replaced through the whole RV, including a tune up on the fridge/freezer.

Bathroom is cool, I don't like wet baths, so was happy to find this Barth with the toilet separate from the shower. (I don't want to shower with my toilet, wet baths are gross) and the water pump works on all forms of power, so during a long trip we were able to flush while on the road. (BIG plus if u have kids, no more stopping for pee breaks!)

Rooftop a/c unit has heat as well, and my favorite feature is, you can run your generator while driving. So if you're all really hot, and need some a/c while traveling, you can start the generator from the dashboard, and run the rooftop air while driving.

Ok, now the fun is mentioned, let's go over the work that's been done, and needs done (not alot, don't worry)

1.(alignment)
Front end, is 100% brand new. This front end is the desirable P30 air ride, that most modern RVs still use! Now, since all this front end work has been done, she needs a new alignment. That's it. That's the only thing keeping you from driving full speed.

2.(door handle)
It's such a simple fix, but I just got used to using a bungee to hold the door, and ended up liking how I have it. But in order to actually lock the rig, you'll need a new handle.

3.(Generator needs tuned)
The generator will start every time, and run continuously. But she spudders and idles rough sometimes. Even with it running like that, it still powers the rig very well. It just needs carb work, and it will be perfect. It's an Onan 6500watt gas generator.

4.(exhaust)
This Barth has a healthy running, screaming 454. Sounds amazing. But. That's because half the exhaust was cut off. *facepalm*. This might not bother you.

5.(love)
This rig was fun for me and my two dogs, but she needs a family. Not a destructive single dude. Lol. This is family rig, I'd love to see a family grow up with this thing.

She's also got all new tires. But again, get the alignment done so you don't wear the tires unevenly.

I nicknamed this rig "Aunt Fanny" from the movie 'Robots'. Watch the movie, and you'll see why LOL.

I'm looking for trades. I'd love a truck camper, one that fits in the truck bed. I've got a short bed so I can't use the 10ft+ models. Would maybe consider a well kept smaller fifth wheel. But I'm really wanting a truck camper.

If you ANY questions, text me or call me 2602426564

do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offer

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2584 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post