Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth for sale in Indy
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Charlie and Angi
posted
Found this Barth while driving down the road in Indianapolis. I don't think this person knows what they have. I am going to put it on here not so much to help them sell it, but rather to help those of you looking for one to find it. All I know is that it is a 97. Listed at 37', don't know if that is accurate. Looks like a diesel pusher, tag axle. Decent shape, I didn't go inside. Peeking through window it looked like it was worn, but not trashed by any means. Like I said, I didn't go in. They are asking $19,500, the woman I talked to said she didn't know if that was a good price or not, neither do I, but she won't sell it at her location counting on drive bys. Told the lady in the office to post here, we'll see if she does. Any way. Here is a pic and some contact info.

Reliable Car Rental
2965 N. Shadeland Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46219
317-546-1145

1977 24' w/ Bustle
Chevy 454 P30

Posts: 43 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Member Since: 01-05-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Not likely a diesel pusher; while there were linehaul tractors with tandem axles where the front was a tag, and were called "pushers", that config has been obsolete since the early '70s. The "U" axle that allowed driveshaft clearance has long been discontinued.

So I'm guessing this is a gaso front engine with a trailing tag.

The hatch above what appears to be a grille also suggests front engine.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted Hide Post
Did Barth switch to fiberglass at the end? I do not see rivets. ??

Tom Taylor

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
My guess is Ford 460 powered with a mundane interior much like the one I looked at in Marshall, MI.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
They did stop using aluminum at the very end. I am not sure if they were even manufacturing their own coaches at the very end.

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Camping overnight at our club AMA pro hillclimb, a freind of 1 of our members asked about the Barth. He tells me that Barth built him the last one they ever made. A 38' on a mountain motor chassie.
He said the employees were doing everything they could to give him a quality coach and owners were trying to cut corners on it to make a buck.
At the end he said he was at the factory every day to make sure he was getting what he wanted and done right.

Doorman

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post