Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Cute one, new engine
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/10
Picture of bud@YXY
posted Hide Post
Up-Date about a week later: Re-checked CL today (Dec 11/2011) and found that it still contains only a picture of our coach!
The fellow (John) said that he got help from a Barthmobile member-- but what remains so far is for any member to acknowledge that help and to provide adequate explanation why they took a picture of our coach to put on someone else's craigslist add.

Bud

1993 Breakaway 36ft & 1977 20 ft
Spartan: air ride and brakes & P32(?)
Cummins: 8.3 litre 250hp, PACBrake
Allison 3060 (6 spd)
Front entry, side hallway
7.5 kw diesel gen.
1999 2dr Tracker 4X4 5spd, SMI Braking system

Posts: 253 | Location: Yukon--Arizona and around | Member Since: 06-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Bud,

It only takes three people to flag a CL ad and it gets taken out. Put a link up and ask for help flagging. I'm sure there are two of us that will back you up.

John sure seemed like a nice guy last year. I chock this up to either laziness or lack of a camera.

Although rude to use someone's picture without permission, it's pretty benign unless a scam.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Moonbeam-Express:

Although rude to use someone's picture without permission, it's pretty benign unless a scam.

My take is that it is a little more than rude. Unless clearly stated, it is misrepresentation, perhaps fraud.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
My take is that it is a little more than rude. Unless clearly stated, it is misrepresentation, perhaps fraud.

There are two ways to look at this;
1) There is the concept of misrepresentation of an item. There way well be fraud if carried to the point that someone invests time and money to go get it and finds it's not the one in the photo. Then again, caveat emptor may apply. Either way, good luck collecting.
2) There is the concept of using an image already posted on line. In this case, you should consider, unless copy-write protected, you do not own those images any longer. You internet provider may have a case though. Again, good luck collecting.

My main point, and I think you will agree Bill, is that it might be immoral, but the minute you post a picture on-line it is beyond your control. So just don't put that pic of yourself in the pink underwear and the chicken feet on-line if it embarrasses you Wink

I know what you're thinking Bill, how did I know ROTFLMAO

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Moonbeam-Express:
quote:

There is the concept of using an image already posted on line.

My main point, and I think you will agree Bill, is that it might be immoral, but the minute you post a picture on-line it is beyond your control.

I certainly agree that it is beyond my control, but it is dishonest to show a picture that is not the product advertised unless noted.

quote:
So just don't put that pic of yourself in the pink underwear and the chicken feet on-line if it embarrasses you Wink

I know what you're thinking Bill, how did I know ROTFLMAO

No chicken feet, but I DO have some pink underwear. The result of an errant red towel in the laundry. It's amazing that the pink does not wash out. Susan says if I ever go to the emergency room, people will snicker. Smiler

BTW, did you get that chicken feet reference from a Playboy cartoon?

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Not to mention it's a violation of copyright - in addition to being inconsiderate and very presumptious.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post