Cute one, new engine
 Login now/Join our community

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted
http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/rvs/2732773934.html

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
looks like someone took good care of it. Just confused about the remark "no awning" yet there is one in the picture.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/10
Picture of bud@YXY
posted Hide Post
This is a VERY INTERESTING listing!------ it uses a picture of our 1977 Barth (currently located under snow in Whitehorse Yukon).
Although I would likely sell it for this price and even deliver it--- the Barth in the craigslist is NOT the one the vendor owns.
Please send ME the money Big Grin ROTFLMAO
PS: it does have an awning, but no generator and has just turned over the 100K mark, unfortunately it hasn't seen new paint in a few years, the A/C is disconnected (but does blow cold), we put 2000 miles on it on an Alaska trip last summer and it did get just shy of 12 mpg (Imp).

1993 Breakaway 36ft & 1977 20 ft
Spartan: air ride and brakes & P32(?)
Cummins: 8.3 litre 250hp, PACBrake
Allison 3060 (6 spd)
Front entry, side hallway
7.5 kw diesel gen.
1999 2dr Tracker 4X4 5spd, SMI Braking system

Posts: 253 | Location: Yukon--Arizona and around | Member Since: 06-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Bones
posted Hide Post
I ran across a situation where someone put a picture on CL from another site. There was a Revcon I was going to see at an Iowa dealer who had pix of the unit on their website. I was in AZ looking and was going to check out the one in Iowa in the spring my trip home.

I came across a CL Revcon ad in Nevada where they photoshopped the Iowa dealer's photos. When I called the guy in NV he admitted to it and said the photos were exactly like his. I had a different opinion on that. The NV Revcon was in rough shape.

Snagging a photo online might be quick and easy but isn't fair to the buyer. I put many miles riding around the SW looking at RVs and came home disappointed many times. If I were to use someone's photo, I would clearly state the photo is only an example of what is being sold and not the actual unit.

Who doesn't have a digital camera these days or at least a friend who does?

Regal 25 built in 1989
1985 P-30 chassis
454 TH400

Posts: 212 | Location: Somewhere in the SW | Member Since: 03-06-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
Craigs List is full of nasty people!

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted Hide Post
I'm sure with you on this....

When I was looking for a coach I went to see so many:

"like-new", "one-owner" "off the showroom floor"

pieces of junk.....

It's either a lot of idiots, a lot of scum-bags or maybe a combination of both...

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
No way it'll get 12 mpg (US).

This looks like a scam, but we'll leave it here for a few more comments.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bud@YXY
posted Hide Post
Got a return call from the fellow (John--I think) who has the listing on craigslist. He had help from a Barthmobile member setting up his craigslist notice and says that he will be posting up-dated (real) pics of his coach with his listing on "monday".

Bud

Allison 3060 (6 spd)
7.5 kw diesel gen.

Posts: 253 | Location: Yukon--Arizona and around | Member Since: 06-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He was at last year's Florida GTG with his Barth. It's legit.

Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Moonbeam-Express:
He was at last year's Florida GTG with his Barth. It's legit.
This is John's Barth

No awning... 2009 GTG

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More interior pictures please??

Posts: 31 | Location: Wherever we happen to be | Member Since: 02-21-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
More interior pictures please??

I don't think anyone here has interior pics, it is posted on Craigslist and I just provided the link since I came across it. The pic Bill supplied is from last year's Florida GTG.

See my first posting with the link and call the owner John.

Picture of bud@YXY
posted Hide Post
It's good to see that the listing was legit---- John did sound sincere and it did seem that he did have 77 Barth. But it was a surprise, to see our coach shown for sale----although maybe I should be flattered, as the pics that Bill NY posted, of that coach show it to be nicer than ours,---- SO MAYBE, those who see the craigslist info will not be as disappointed as others may have been with other adds.
Linda (my wife) however thinks ours is nicer. Big Grin

Allison 3060 (6 spd)
7.5 kw diesel gen.

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Came across this on CL today and found the thread here. I had already read the line about the pic being a "sister" Barth and the differences, so was not surprized. Are we sure this is the John that was at the 3rd GTG?

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are we sure this is the John that was at the 3rd GTG?

Yup, I called him.