Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    1960 Barth 16' TRAILER Ebay : item # 302697274650
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1960 Barth 16' TRAILER Ebay : item # 302697274650
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1960-...p2141725.m3641.l6368

See pics

16 ft. all aluminum BARTH TRAVEL TRAILER with a 3 ft. tongue extending. Floor joices, wall studs and all roof rafters are also aluminum which makes for very light trailer pulling on one 3500 lb. axle fitted with two almost new tires. It means the entire superstructure is very solid in every direction. Has a few broken and cracked windows. Since none of the original systems are working at present, I provided my own water, cooking gas, propane heat, solar power, etc. and enjoyed spending winters in Florida living off of the grid in the forest.

It is the oldest BARTH TRAVEL TRAILER in the USA still able to travel down the road according to Barth's factory records. There is a shower enclosure in the back but the toilet no longer remains. For someone who cares to rehab an old very classic travel trailer this is a very good one to have. A Bill of Sale can be issued with a clear Minnesota title deliverable in 4 to 6 weeks after purchase. The trailer is currently at a storage facility in Deland, Florida and must be removed by the end of April.

Please ask any and all questions which you may have and I will answer them promptly.

Due to an electrical glitch I have been towing it with magnetic towing lights for braking and turning signals.

The opening bid is very low.

As for wheel bearings, I towed it down to Florida from Iowa with no problems.

Even so, the purchaser will be buying it where it is and as it is.

Trailer also has an air-conditioner and a 3 way refrigerator. I never tried to use them so I can make no claims regarding their working condition.

The new owner can tow it away and will need a 2" ball for doing so.

Thank you and happy bidding!

Seller based in United States, "time-clockman" has been an eBay member since Dec 25, 2002

Recent Feedback ratings (last 12 months)

1 month 6 months 12 months
Positive 0 10 34
Neutral 0 0 0
Negative 0 0 0

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of rp's barth
posted Hide Post
I am on this one I talked to the guy yesterday and am meeting him today to look @ it.
Wish me luck in the auction he won,t do a sell it now or I would bring it home now!

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

Posts: 296 | Location: Deltona Flordia | Member Since: 08-18-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Good luck Richard. It will be fun to see what you do with it. [BTW, I'm ready for those headers any time. Price the shipping and I'll send you a check.]

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
It was in Minnesota and ended up in Florida. How come I didn't get a shot at it when it was in Minnesota? ROTFLMAO D'oh Good Luck on getting it Richard.

We might have another one Joining the Mary Ray CLUB.

Another example of Doug helping Team Barth get more Barths off the Bench and into loving hands. Richard don't forget to get the data off the tongue for our Data Project.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1383 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rp's barth
posted Hide Post
Hi Danny,
I did not forget about you and the headers, I will get with you. As far as the trailer I just got back from looking @ it and it is very rough as in total removal of entire insides and start over.I can't stay away from them, they are a Drug!!
But you know me I am up for the challenge so we will see how it goes. Who knows maybe I can make the Fl GTG again..

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

Posts: 296 | Location: Deltona Flordia | Member Since: 08-18-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Hoping you can get this trailer for your collection Richard. Were you able to snap a picture of the data tag? The front hitch stand reminds me of a dogs hind leg.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
See it ended. Did you win?

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1383 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rp's barth
posted Hide Post
No, It went for 1502.00

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
But wait I saw this post from you Richard

quote:
Originally posted by rp's barth:
Well it looks like the Barth fairy has been looking out for me. The gentleman with the trailer on E-Bay contacted me and his buyer declined it so I had to rescue it, Very Nice Person I might ad..
I think I will start a Barth rescue.... This one needed it badly!!!!

Thumbs Up cheers As luck would have it was meant for you! Thumbs Up cheers

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post