Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    97 Class C ?
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

97 Class C ?
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Flathead
posted
quote:

1997 24' Barth V10
Cedar City, UT | 8 days
$7,800.00

2 Onan generators 4500 an 6500. 2 roof airs. Runs great.
http://www.ksl.com/classifieds/listing/42117960

[b]Edit: Bill N.Y. ~ Insert Quote and Image[/i]

Posts: 45 | Location: tennessee | Member Since: 09-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doesn't even seem to have a kitchen

Posts: 36 | Location: Edmonton ab | Member Since: 08-25-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking this was owned by a former Barth Ranger member who claimed it was built just like a Barth so he decided to put a Barth Emblem on it.

If anyone can get a picture of the data tag to prove it's a Barth then I'll leave it up. If not then I'll remove this "sighting" by next Friday.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
I found this Barth "ODD" also. It could be moved to MAHEM or Many Abandoned High End Motorhomes. I really do not think it is high end if it is not a Barth, Newel, Prevost, and etc. We do not have a category for MALEM Many Abandoned Low End Motorhomes.

I tried to send an email, but you need an account. I am not so inclined that I need to sign up to another site besides Barthmobile.com. I am with Bill NY on this Barth wanna be. Boot it out!

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
there is a Wyoming Class C Barth mobile center that I found some year back on a auction site, looking like that. gotta go deep into the interweb - be back later

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
I tried to send an email, but you need an account. I am not so inclined that I need to sigh up to another site besides Barthmobile.com. I am with Bill NY on this Barth wanna be. Boot it out!
If you're interested in the history of something you should also want to delve down deeper into any possibilities.

So, with that thought, Bob has a phone number. Computer

Bob

435-817-6161

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Click on link. There she is!
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin+Doris 12/04/2014:
www.publicsurplus.com/sms/auction/view?auc=1121638

just when you think you have seen it all - here it is - a 1997 Class C Barth.
Someone got a steal - $5950 with 2 generators and 59000 miles

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Very cool Flathead and Marvin+Doris

I'm guessing that if the Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT) says it's a Barth, it must be.

1976 was the last documented Barth "Class C" in our data tag project.

Cheyenne, WY >> Cedar City, UT

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
To me, it just looks nothing like any other Barth. The trim on the seams is common in FRP construction.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I agree Rusty, not like anything we've seen before. If the WYDOT purchased it, perhaps there are others of this type out there?

Looks like a stick and staple job to me. Rebranded perhaps? If there is a data tag from Barth then I'll try and track down more info.

Interesting... hmm

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/16
Picture of Quinn
posted Hide Post
It has the door handle, two logos, and that bath vanity sure looks Barth to me.

Ooh, there looks to be a data tag on the surplus site in the shot of the overhead bunk, peeking out beneath the driver's side cabinet. Blurry though.

Very curious.

What would the two keyed square doors on the rear about mid-way up the exterior wall be for?

Does the VIN tell us anything?
1FDLE40S4VHB08410

Quinn

89 28' Regal
Quad Bunks
P-30 454
8906-3623-28C-B

Posts: 235 | Location: San Leandro, California | Member Since: 08-06-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
I saw pictures of this unit about 10 years go and never thought it was really a Barth. At that time I didn't know it was not originally built as an RV but instead built as a specialty unit. Looking at it now I do believe it was built by Barth in their final days. Looks like they were using what ever left over parts they could find around the shop. It even has the same tail lights Barth was using in the late 80's and early 90's. Very unusual for a late 90's unit.

Yeap, looks like the bottom of a data tag sticking out in picture #23.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/16
posted Hide Post
The two keyed doors on the rear were used for cable access.
I converted a communication trailer a few years ago, and it had the same access doors.

Posts: 20 | Location: Florida and Indiana | Member Since: 01-20-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/13
Picture of Tonka
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone,

I think Nick's right.

It looks like the sides and back are riveted aluminum skin with aluminum trim strips matching Tonka's.

The padded vinyl ceiling, ceiling seam strips and rear access ports padded surrounds also match Tonka's ceiling trim and interior trim.

Also most of the bits and pieces (storage compartment locks, compartment lights, compartment door attachment hinge strip, etc.) look like they are from the same parts bin as Tonka's.

I think it looks like a bespoke commercial Barth but some of the photos make it look like it may have been designed/built on a tighter schedule and budget.

Thanks, Tooling Along
Wally

Posts: 249 | Location: Minnetonka, MN | Member Since: 01-30-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post