Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    1997 Barth Regal 25' - $17000 (Broomfield CO)
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1997 Barth Regal 25' - $17000 (Broomfield CO)
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
https://denver.craigslist.org/...egal/6528782564.html

With a broken heart, I'm parting ways with my Barth Regal. I'm moving to Grand Junction, and life has made it time to let my favorite toy go to someone new. It's a 25' Class A with full bath, side by side fridge, and multitude of other amenities. Custom paint on riveted aluminum.
Sheldon call or text: ☎ (720) 732-8843
It has a 7.4 liter gas engine that runs and drives great. About 60k miles with new tires (all 6) and breaks. I will post more soon and am happy to answer any and all questions, just trying to get the ad up for now until I have more time. All issues are minor and cosmetic, with the exception that the generator needs a good professional tune up.
See pic
It runs, but is under powered and struggles with the microwave, while not having enought to run the dual AC. NADA puts the value at $20k, but I'm asking $17k as a more realistic value combined with a discount for the generator and minor issues. Clean title in hand.

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
This sound like Hank's Barth. This is an old picture though. The picture is from when Hank sold this Barth. If you read the entire topic, you will see that the buyer then name was Sheldon.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of crouch38
posted Hide Post
Kevin , YES same Barth .
He could of at least taken NEW photo's . The pics are 2 years old .
Also , if you click on the reply in craigsslist add the contact name is Sheldon .
Other than that it's a Very nice Barth . Thumbs Up

Bob

Year:: 1986
Model:: Barth Regal
Length:: 25 ft
Engine:: New Chevy 454 HO
Chassis:: P-30
Data Tag Number:: 8606 3339 25FP2

Posts: 262 | Location: Wampum , Pa | Member Since: 02-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It appears that it has had some use since Hank was the owner. Way better to be used than sitting around. Maybe Sheldon did not give it a bath yet. I do not think Sheldon is a member here with his name. He may have another screen name. I did search the membership list and did not find many members from Colorado.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Very possible that no degree of “tune up” will make the generator perform properly. If it was seldom exercised, in the last twenty years, the generator (not engine) could be ruined. A previous owner of my FT had neglected the genset. Consequently, the generator/dynamo had to be replaced.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crouch38:
Kevin , YES same Barth .
He could of at least taken NEW photo's . The pics are 2 years old . Thumbs UpBob
From my calculation it has been exercised well with 20,000 additional miles in two years. Do recall correctly that it was sighted on the Alaskan Highway?

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
One could put UNLIMITED miles on a motorhome and NEVER ONCE properly exercise the standby generator, with 20 minute load on the 110V output.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
My 1968 probably built in 1967 Kohler 6.5 has about 3000 hours gets at least 20 minutes of exercise every other seasonal week even if we're not overnighting. So far I've had to clean the carb once and replace the fuel pump since purchasing the boat in 1994. Exercise is good for the soul and better for the genny. cheers

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Hi Everyone
Yes that’s my old Barth
I miss her, but we went to a SOB travel trailer as the wife couldn’t get use to riding in the wide body and hanging over the white line.
The pictures are from the owner before me.
She was a great Motorhomes when she lived with us and we never had a problem with the generator.

I can’t attest to her current condition but yes there are a lot of Miles since I owned her.
We miss all the Barth friends
Hank

Posts: 85 | Location: Athens ga | Member Since: 07-11-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post