Reply To This Topic

1977 Barth
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted
https://knoxville.craigslist.o...uto_make_model=barth

Don't know if I did this right but Neil has his 77 up for sale. If you're interested just go to craigslistspartenburg south carolina and type in Barth and it's there

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jim and Tere:
[url=https://knoxville.craigslist.org/search

30' Barth Motor Coach, all aluminum construction just like an Airstream. - $9500 (Simpsonville)

see pics

Barth Motor Coach all aluminum construction just like an Airstream and can be polished to a mirror finish. Chevy P30 chassis, 454 and TH400 transmission.
Runs and drives good, needs work but can be used as is tomorrow.
It is 30' long and sleeps 5 with a front pull down bed. Needs maintenance work like, tune-up, roof reseal... but can be used like it is.
I have owed it for more than 13 years used it three or four times a year up till a few years ago. The tires are like new and I drive the RV every couple of weeks the keep in good shape.
It has a later model Honda EV6010 generator that will run everything on the motor coach including the two A\C units with no problem.
It gets a lot of attention and would be great for advertising, convert to a food truck, tailgating, restore into the perfect glamping machine or just use it like it is.

call>>>

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
contact name:
Neil
call or text:
(864) 423-4905

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Could this be the new "Old Blue?" Does it have levelers? ROTFLMAO

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
Picture of Tool Man T
posted Hide Post
This is Neil's coach. Check the map location, Simpsonville,SC

Joel Taylor

Posts: 164 | Location: South Carolina | Member Since: 05-12-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
No levelers Frowner . I've talked to Neil and he has maintained this Barth extremely well over the years. It's all original and if it had levelers, I would be a contender. But ----. HWH system is $3K+.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
“LEVELERS”?!?
That’s what lumber is for Mechanic
I have HWH computerized leveling, with eight Firestone air springs ...
HA... LOL. ROTFLMAO .. can’t even achieve perfect level condition on my slightly-sloped concrete driveway head bang

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Had the same thought. A few pieces of wood = easy worry free leveling. I would not let an otherwise good coach slip away if that is the only "problem".

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I often do not use my levelers. Personally, I would not pass up a coach for them either.

The front levelers on the Regal were mounted on frame exrensions that were bent. A bad choice of mounting locations. I removed them and never got around to remounting them. I used the back ones rarely. If needed I always had a bottle jack to lift the front. Wooden planks work well.

The Monarch settles down on the axles when the air bags are deflated. I usually do not need the jacks unless the site is very off level, which has been fairly rare. hmm

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I understand. But if you looked at the MRIs done on my neck and lower back, you would know what I mean. A bad move one way or the other, and I could possibly be in a wheel chair. I have come to the point where I have to be very careful so I don't end up that way. Our last trip to Stone Mountain, GA., was the deciding factor. Laying under a motorhome at 9:30 at night on a site that was like a mountain side, is not a smart thing to do at my age and condition. We used all the 'lumber' and blocks we had and still didn't get it level. Had to move to a different site the next day. Hampton Inns could very well be in my future.The following week was spent with more MRIs and when they use terms like "extreme" and "severe", they get your attention.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
For what it’s worth...
I’ve found Holiday Inn EXPRESS to be far better than Hampton.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Drury Inn - our favorite place, always nice and clean and a Kick back hour with alcoholic drinks and food in the evening, hot breakfast in the morning. Combine that with our little VW Beetle TDI that gets 42-48 mpg diesel - well - you sometimes question that RV thing LOL Confused ROTFLMAO
sorry for the thread drift

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Back in the day I carpooled with a lady who had a tdi, a local station had a deal for a turkey for little or nothing if you purchased 50 gallons by Tuesday before thanksgiving. Despite our 80 mile round trip commute she could not make the cut. Frowner

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin+Doris:
Drury Inn - our favorite place, always nice and clean and a Kick back hour with alcoholic drinks and food in the evening, hot breakfast in the morning. Combine that with our little VW Beetle TDI that gets 42-48 mpg diesel - well - you sometimes question that RV thing LOL Confused ROTFLMAO
sorry for the thread drift

I'm with you. But Tere still like the thrill of an old motor home. I'm just along for the ride. Although standing next to a 6 lane interstate at rush hour three weeks ago, with the RV 2' off the road can hardly be called going along for the ride. Blew an inside rear tire.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Steve VW:
I often do not use my levelers. Personally, I would not pass up a coach for them either.

The front levelers on the Regal were mounted on frame exrensions that were bent. A bad choice of mounting locations. I removed them and never got around to remounting them. I used the back ones rarely. If needed I always had a bottle jack to lift the front. Wooden planks work well.

The Monarch settles down on the axles when the air bags are deflated. I usually do not need the jacks unless the site is very off level, which has been fairly rare. hmm[/QUOT

I recall a Barth GTG at Racoon Mountain in Chatanooga a few years ago. There were 3 Barths in a row with their front wheels at least a foot off the ground to get level. A strange site.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B