Tools
Reply To This Topic

1988 Barth Regal SE- $16000 OBO indianapolis
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
https://indianapolis.craigslis...l-se/6941255662.html

see pics

Very nice and rare 28ft 1988 Barth Regal.
Unlike most other RVs. These were the most exspensive motor coaches you could buy in 88.
Hand built, aluminum 'aircraft' styled construction. Won't rust.
GM heavy duty chassis, great running Chevy 454/ 400 AT. 50k original miles.
Nice Michelins. Perfect awning with original matching patio chairs. 100% all original.
Always stored indoors since new.
Solid oak cabinets and trim.
Never smoked in.
Meticulously maintained.
Have all manuals, service records, and receipts. Includes all hoses, cords, and adapters ready to go. Lots of storage. Onan Gen3 6.5kw generator.
Twin AC's. Large fridge. Roof and side bin storage.
This is an original, high quality, built motorhome.
I personally used to build Fleetwoods.
Fresh lube and oil. $16000 obo.
Call, text, or leave voice mg anytime.
ontact name:Beau

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Very nice coach. The only flaw I see is the white carpet, even on the entry steps.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
A nice looking coach, too bad the pictures are so fuzzy. This is not an SE, has no tag axle.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5166 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
contact name:
Beau
call or text:
(765) 307-0885

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I've had some contact with the seller and he is one that sells things for others. Whether that's his business or not, I don't know, but he talks about selling rare and valuable things like cars, and estate items. According to the seller, the owner bought this Barth and then changed their mind about the motor home thing. The seller doesn't know much about motor homes, especially this Barth. He claims it has air ride, which it does not, leveling via the air system, which it does not, and as Steve pointed out, claims it's an SE which it is not. I made an offer that was probably too much considering it needs all new tires, the existing ones being almost 8 years old. My opinion, FWIW, is that one would spend a quick $5K to make it dependable, and that's only if you don't run into something serious. In my case, I would also add HWH levelers--another $3K

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I've had several back and forth conversations with this guy who has talked about his 'finders fee', etc. The price got to the point where we were interested. He claimed the lady that owned it had bought some lake property and wanted to sell it quickly. Delivery to TN was also a possibility. I then asked for pics of the data tag and build sheet and was sent some fussy pics of the GM incomplete vehicle sticker. The guy said he would talk to the lady about the delivery and get back to me in an hour. That was two days ago. I'm beginning to wonder if this was a scam of some sort.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
It is looking a bit spooky to me. 3rd party distant seller, vague description, fuzzy pictures, confused details, incomplete documents...

I would be VERY careful with this.... hmm

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5166 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
As the lady from Alaska said:

"You Betcha!"

Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B