Reply To This Topic

1978 Barth on P-32!! Make Offer! Grottoes VA
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
http://www.motorhomeclassified...402467.html#pictures

1978 Barth on P-32 chassis WITH bustle.
Title in hand. 74,cxxx miles.
New pex water lines, new plumbing, new 50 amp service, recent grey tank, new black tank, new toilet,
new CD player, laminate and linoleum floors, cold AC, newer roof vents x2,
good awning (old awnings included as well), new conviction microwave,
see pics
Mount for flat TV over rear beds, cold fridge and freezer.
There is also a Goodyear Steersafe system installed under the front end to keep vehicle stable during a blowout.

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I was doing some comparisons with my coach and there are some differences. This one has a bustle, the hood opens up instead of down, and has some vents in it, and the cabinetry is slightly different. Then I came to the data tag and find that much like mine is a 78 titled as a 79, this one is actually a 77, probably titled as a 78. Sequentially it came down the line 255 coaches before mine, an eternity in Barth time.

I'm not a fan of "make an offer" ads, and this one is particularly difficult because it really looks like a nice coach in great condition, so is he looking for 9 or 10 grand? or would he take 5? In any case, it would be well worth checking out if one was in the market.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Danny, I am not keen on "Make Offer Ads" either. I do recall seeing this Barth before with the playpen in front of it before. I am offering 15 cents. The reason for 15 cents is there is no sales tax on 15 cents. My offer will remain here. I have no intention of signing onto the sight to have a billion cookies dumped on me just because the advertiser shares my personal information.
Thank you Danny for showing us the differences first hand.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I filled out the 'contact seller' form but have not heard from them yet. Kevin, you're right about the cookies and stuff. But---. The seller seems to have replaced a lot of things and when they start talking about pex tubing, I wonder how bad it might have been originally and what they had to tear out to replace the water lines and plumbing. Is this a 32'er? We are satisfied with our Minnie for the time being but if the right thing came along, we might go for a Barth in the 28' range. We thought about a toaster but the only reason we are considering anything is that we know we need something a little bigger. I've tried to contact Old Blue's owner but have been unsuccessful. He had some health problems last Spring so the fact I've not heard from him is of concern.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Nice coach, I bet you had better be prepared to offer 10k plus for it, if it is not a rip off ad.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Based on the data tag, it's a 27'er not a 32'er. That's just for starters.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
I did not notice the length difference Jim. hmm Thank you for pointing it out. Thumbs Up

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/10
Picture of Andrew
posted Hide Post
This is my old coach that I sold about 5 years ago. It was in great condition when I sold it. It doesn’t look or sound like anything “new” has been done. It was a solid coach with some quality upgrades: P-32 chassis, 4 wheel disc brakes, exhaust manifolds designed for a police cruiser (could take more abuse). I also replaced shocks, springs and the sway bar. P.O. changed most plumbing to pex and converted it to 50 amp. I also stripped and resealed roof not too long before I sold it.

I obviously can’t say how it’s been kept the last 5 years, but I’ll try to answer any questions if someone is interested. I’d recommend it for anyone considering this era that knows how to maintain a 40 year old coach.

1978 P32 w/454
s7708 2284 MC27 S-3

My dad makes me wanna Barth!

Posts: 20 | Location: Saranac Lake, NY | Member Since: 09-01-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I still haven't heard from the seller.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
http://www.motorhomeclassified...402467.html#pictures

Item Number: 402467

price: Make an Offer!

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Andrew, did you put in the "conviction microwave"? ROTFLMAO

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I have sent the seller a request again. Same contact info as before. We'll see.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

posted Hide Post
Is this still fore sale?

Posts: 38 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 03-21-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TomH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lulamay:
Is this still fore sale?

The Link on motorhome classified http://www.motorhomeclassified...402467.html#pictures

includes the note, "This RV is sold."

Posts: 7 | Location: South St Paul, MN | Member Since: 01-16-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was confused because I saw Ad on motorhome classifieds.I kept trying to reach out ,finally I called the ad host. Host said that was two years ago, Sometimes I have trouble decerning if it’s sold or not . Thanks

Posts: 38 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 03-21-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post