Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/09
posted
http://calgary.en.craigslist.ca/rvs/1128250644.html

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

Posts: 220 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. | Member Since: 03-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of madrone
posted Hide Post
I think I am beginning to be able to spot these things, I would be willing to bet the data plate would prove that is a 33' Breakaway trying to be sold as a 34' Regency

Posts: 69 | Location: Texas | Member Since: 11-26-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I couldn't see where it's called a Regency, but it's most likely a Breakaway (propane generator). The longest Breakaways were 32' (apparently nearly 33') except for a one-of-a-kind '97 34', which was nothing like prior Breakaways...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
I tend to agree that it is a Breakaway, 230 HP Cummins is more then likely a B5.9, There are quire a few comments that aren't really true in the add.

I see claims about MPG all the time, but 12 MPG @ 70 MPH Ummmm don't think so! I struggle to get 11 MPG and I am sure that I am much lighter being 30 ft.

The other thing about the 33 foot Breakaways is they used 22.5 tires and the trans will probably never shift into 6th until 75. Darrel Moore has one and that is his report.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Keep in mind the location is Canada and their gallon is about 5 of our quarts. Bigger gallon equals higher MPG.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1187 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/10
Picture of bud@YXY
posted Hide Post
The issue of "What is a Breakaway or what does it have" seems to be recurring and just to make matters worse, the one I just bought has at least two features that are at odds with what are commonly found on them.
Mine is a 1993 that is 36 ft long and has a diesel generator.

Bud

1993 Breakaway 36ft & 1977 20 ft
Spartan: air ride and brakes & P32(?)
Cummins: 8.3 litre 250hp, PACBrake
Allison 3060 (6 spd)
Front entry, side hallway
7.5 kw diesel gen.
1999 2dr Tracker 4X4 5spd, SMI Braking system

Posts: 253 | Location: Yukon--Arizona and around | Member Since: 06-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi All, Wow!Thanks for implying we are liars..Regency???? Sad!It is our Barth for sale in Calgary! Sadly financial situation forces sale.Far as I know it is all true....especially the m.p.g. Gary was right Imp.gal = 4.55 litres....U.S.gallon = 3.78 l....do the math....10 mpg for you guys is 12.037 mpg for us....has 22.5 rubber....also goes into high gear around 62 mph if not full throttle....I guess it is probably a 33 ft.breakaway after reading on here....it has 33BS-1B in vin....hard to find info other than on here....Thanks

Hi all ! Just stumbled onto this forum and noticed info about us! We are from Calgary,Alberta,Canada and purchased the Barth Breakaway from Nashville dealer formerly owned by Don and Linda...flew to Nashville,drove Barth to Pensacola/Alabama for holiday and then 2,500. miles home to Canada.....worked great...we love it....ran into new British Barth owner Oliver in S.D. .....awesome....went through service records....speedo was changed early in Barth's life......seems to be about 50,000 actual miles now after trip.....great smooth power and mileage.....

Posts: 7 | Location: Calgary,Alberta,Canada...yahoo! | Member Since: 08-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I would guess this is the Scalzos' former coach. They traded it for a larger SOB in '06. It was based in west central Florida (Apollo Beach) for a number of years.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Neil T.
posted Hide Post
Just curious, Is that Canadian or US dollars?
($35'000 Ca = $28'000 US)

NT

www.swedishautomotive.com
77 28' Rear Bath
The "Budget BARTH"

Posts: 246 | Location: Simpsonville, South Carolina | Member Since: 04-20-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
In Steve & Lori's defense, I can't see anywhere in the ad where they claim Regency. The length could very well be off by a foot, and we've been over this before regarding bumpers, so cut a little slack there.
I've seen this coach when Don owned it and it was very nice. The milage and tranny issues should be worked out if anyone is serious about this coach, but in this particular case, maybe you should do your own homework and not be too swayed by the "pundits" around here.
Now that I've P-d off some loyal members, I'll just say sorry, but I think these folks were done wrong, and if I'm wrong, well it won't be the first time!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of T&T&B
posted Hide Post
Danny Z - you are right on the money.....I don't see either where they said Regency, so, maybe I'm wrong, but given the data tag limited info, I also believe it must be a Breakaway.

I, for one, appreciate and respect all the knowledge shared here, and sometimes it's easy to jump to conclusions, or read something that just isn't there.

Hopefully Steve and Lori can understand that most of the Barthers (and future Barthers) who come to this site are somewhat like family....we all speak our minds freely, share our successes as well as our frustrations, and generally do all we can to help each other. Wink

Tina

36' Barth Regency
3208 Cat 250 HP
Allison 4 speed Transmission, Gillig Chassis
"If it ain't a CAT it's a DOG"

Posts: 142 | Location: South Florida - La Belle | Member Since: 03-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
I was originally very interested in buying this coach. The problem I ran into was with the dealership in Nashville. He would not provide very basic information and was beyond rude. I believe I posted those results here. As you know, I ended up buying the Stagecoach.

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi again, Thanks for the support......true the Nashville guy didn't know much about Barths...it seems to be the same model as here on gallery page 10 top 3 pics....which claims to be 34' ???also....same floor plan also.....however; thanks to wealth of info on here......33BS-1B....mfg. Feb.11/93. will post complete tag info.after next visit to storage yard....haven't had any trans. problems???Drove Nashville-Florida-Calgary problem free....according to service records;original speedo seems to have been replaced around 41 K miles...Thanks, Steve

Hi all ! Just stumbled onto this forum and noticed info about us! We are from Calgary,Alberta,Canada and purchased the Barth Breakaway from Nashville dealer formerly owned by Don and Linda...flew to Nashville,drove Barth to Pensacola/Alabama for holiday and then 2,500. miles home to Canada.....worked great...we love it....ran into new British Barth owner Oliver in S.D. .....awesome....went through service records....speedo was changed early in Barth's life......seems to be about 50,000 actual miles now after trip.....great smooth power and mileage.....

Posts: 7 | Location: Calgary,Alberta,Canada...yahoo! | Member Since: 08-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post

I would like to comment on your signature profile a little.
quote:
Originally posted by Steve & Lori Cross:
we love it....ran into new British Barth owner Oliver in S.D. .....awesome
Steve, have you ever been called a "one man paparazzi show" before? Smiler

I thought I would point out an older post to you.

http://barthmobile.com/eve/for...261028662#1261028662

How dare you force that man to eat MickeyD's!!! Big Grin That's right, we've known about you for some time now.... ROTFLMAO

But seriously, do you have photos that you can send me of these two Barths together? bill_ny@barthmobile.com

The funny thing is, my wife says I suffer from CRS aka Can't Remember "Stuff" Roll Eyes

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neil T.:
Just curious, Is that Canadian or US dollars?
($35'000 Ca = $28'000 US)

NT
Hi , $cdn. thanks..Steve