Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1994 BARTH WIDE BODY SOVEREIGN
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
Picture of RainCatcher
posted
I saw this list on E-bay this morning. I can find any info on the "SOVEREIGN".

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...l2649#ht_3127wt_1064
quote:

1994 BARTH, 34 foot WIDE BODY (102 inches), 44,000 mile, CLASS A, 300 HP DIESEL, all aluminum MOTOR COACH.

This coach has only 44,000 (forty four thousand miles) and is a true live aboard world traveler.

Engine hours: 464

Generator hours: 453

This is the perfect top of the line, up scale, live aboard, touring motor home. The super strong single rear bus axel will cost you far less in expensive toll road fees then the costly double axels on other motorhomes. Travel the country or just park it at your vacation destination and have a fabulous condo. To duplicate this motor home in todays dollars would cost you hundreds of thousands, but you can be the proud owner at a very low reserve that is no where near what this motor home is really worth.

This is a two owner coach that is top of the line by today’s standards. This coach originally sold for $243,000 Dollars 44k miles ago. It is one of just a few top tier RV BUS CHASSIS, that can boast of all aluminum body construction. It is a fully self contained Gillig Bus Chassis, with a Kohler diesel powered generator. It is also equipped with the best RV transmission ever made, the Allison MD3060 World automatic with a 2010 upgrade. The engine is an 8.3 liter 6CT 300 horse power, BANKS PERFORMANCE Equipped, Turbo Charged 6 cylinder, that will do 75mph all day long. This engine can be found on many big rigs and is capable of going around the earth many times over.The market value of the engine and transmission alone far exceed what this coach will cost you the buyer. It is filled with Cheery Wood, Tile, and Corian, and has the capacity to dry camp for months at a time. I have every book and all the build schematics that originally came with the coach when picked up at the factory. This fantastic, top of the line coach is what Barth called “A low profile road handler coach”. It handles the road and wind extremely well since it does not stand as tall as say the Prevoust, but does have the same tall inside headroom. The interior and running systems are in outstanding condition. I just replaced all the coach batteries, (over $500) with the best I could find.

I bought this BARTH wide body motor home, thinking that I would travel the US, but luck having its way at 75, health said a big no. This is your opportunity to own one of the best Motor Home Coaches ever made and the lowest mileage and systems use hours anywhere. The coach is stored in a hanger in California, and all travel systems are started several times a week and given a run down the runway apron. It drives and operates like a dream. Could you travel tomorrow? You bet. Would I drive it cross country? You bet. Just about every part that went into the construction of this coach is available on the end user market, which makes this coach a wise purchase say over other highline coaches that used proprietary build items and have since closed down there parts depts.

email or call Matthew melbik@aol.com or cell: 714-349-0040

The coach is equipped with a long list of items that traditionally come with every coach of this caliber, see below:

This unit has been garaged when not in use. Non smoker no pets.
All maintenance by authorized service. Must sell due to health reasons. Seller provides documents from previous owner, Barth Owner’s manual, Gillig Chassis manual, Allison Transmission manual, equipment and appliance manuals, blueprints, wiring diagrams, cabinetry plans and engine manuals. Etc. etc.

Chassis and power
Gillig Chassis 218” wb
Cummins 6CTA 6 cylinder turbo charged 300 hp diesel pusher
Allison MD 3060 World automatic transmission w/retarder
Extra large Hayden transmission cooler
Electric engine heater.
44K+ miles

Body
Wide body 102”
Sidewall metal of .040” aircraft aluminum over patented Barth construction featuring interlocking aircraft riveted .062” aluminum extrusions. Roof and belly pan metal one piece .032” aircraft aluminum. Fully insulated floor, ceiling, and walls (Dbl insulation in walls and ceiling). Sky light & Four awnings. Alloy wheels

Capacities
Fuel Capacity: 147 gallons
LPG: 165 lb (approx 42 gal) permanently mounted. Gauge in cabin.
Potable water: approx 80 gallons in enclosed heated compartment
Black water: approx 60 gallons
Gray water: approx 40 gallons

Electrical
50 amp shore power, w/ 35’ cord
New EMS shore power cord option(Electrical Management System) for shore power protection
Heavy Duty domestic over size four battery system equivalent to 6 reg. house batteries and 4 starting batteries.
Oversize 12 volt and 110 volt wiring harness protected by shielding and partition grommets.
75 amp converted with battery charger & Solar roof charger.
7.5 KW water cooled Kohler diesel powered generator in front.
Two roof air conditioners (13,500 BTU@) with heat strips. Remote power switches in cockpit.
Roof vents with fans.
Forced air heating.

Two 110 volt exterior duplex outlets.
One 110 volt duplex outlet in engine compartment.
LPG leak detector alarm with safety cut off.
Complete systems monitor panel with clock and controls.
Recessed lighting in main cabin.
Isle lights.
Roof mounted TV antenna with booster &Cable & King Dome Satellite antenna.
Aircraft style docking lights.
Indoor/outdoor electric thermometer
New AM/FM/CD player.

Vehicle Systems
Panographic air powered windshield wipers with washer
Wrap around padded dash w/full instrumentation and warning system.
Dash mounted cruise control.
Leather steering wheel with tilt adjustment.
30,000 BTU cab air and heater
Forced air cabin heat.
Dual exterior mirrors remote controlled.
Heavy duty fog lamps.
Automatic extra large back up lights and back up alarm.
Dash mounted emergency start switch.
Lighted exterior grab handle.
Door bell.
Porch light and utility light.
Lighted exterior storage compartments with rubber sealed doors, connected to security system.
Dual roof mounted air horn trumpets.
Remote control roof mounted spotlight.
Receiver type trailer hitch with wiring harness.
Hydraulic HWH leveling system.
Automatic electric step.
Closed circuit rear view TV system.
Hour meters for engine and for generator

Plumbing
Large Corian double sink
Purified drinking water system
6 gal LPG water heater w/ engine heat exchange and auto lighting
City water hook-up with remote control auto fill
Multiple low point water drains
Exterior water faucet behind locked door.

Furniture and Fixtures
Built in Color TV
DVD player with connection to both TV’s
10 cubic foot Refrigerator w/ top freezer and ice maker. 110v, 12v, LPG
Double burner drop in gas stove.
Corian range and sink covers
Pantry with locking slide-out drawers
Spacious wood galley drawers and cabinets
Spacious closets and wardrobes with automatic lighting
Two six way pilot chairs in cockpit.
Cherry cabinetry, trim and doors. Overhead cherry cabinets with tilted mirrors inside.
Folding dining table with extension leaves.
Hide-a-bed couch. .
Corian countertop.
Pocket door between kitchen and bath and between bath and bedroom.
Corner glass walled shower w/ skylight.
Hardwood floor in kitchen and tile floor in bath.
Walk-around isles to rear of coach.
Queen size bed.

For sale by owner

Please do not bid if you do not intend to pay for the item. Do not bid if you are unwilling to pay shipping. Bid with confidence as you can count on factual information as personally possible, and receive clear accurate photographs which are not "edited" to deceive. Please take the time to enlarge all of the photographs for the clearest largest images. Photographs often disclose condition far better than verbiage as many people have different ideas on what terms may mean. If an identifying mark, inclusion or defect is visible in the images it is considered disclosed to the buyer. I give my full effort to describe the item to the best of my ability but being only human mistakes can be made without intent to defraud. The buyer has the sole responsibility to do all in their power as to due-diligence required for this auction. You are entering into a contract with me, EBay, and PayPal, when you bid, you are agreeing to all the terms and conditions that encompass this auction. Failure to uphold the contract will result in costs to you associated with this listing. Item is sold as is, where is, there are no warranties, or guaranties, expressed or implied as to condition, operation, or origin. PayPal deposit or total price option must be completed within 24 hours from the close of auction. Other payment methods must be communicated to seller within 12 hours from close of auction. Local pickup is possible under certain circumstances. All checks & or other forms of payment must clear my bank before the release of the item won, no exceptions. International buyers must clear the purchase bid with me before bidding. Ask for a shipping quote before bidding. Any questions; Email or phone me and I will gladly attend to your inquiry ASAP. Thank you for your inquirys and bidding. Matthew melbik@aol.com or 714-349-0040

Posts: 206 | Location: Seattle | Member Since: 04-22-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Something is wrong with this ad... hmm

That vin# belongs to another member with a very different paint scheme...

If anyone is bidding on this, I believe he is the 4th owner - not the 2nd as stated in his listing. I'm pretty sure that I talked to 2 of the previous owners of this coach...

2nd owner when he sold it
3rd owner when he sold it

They initially had it listed as a Regency but it was determined to be either a Sovereign or a Breakaway XL. They also said this coach was 250hp - not the 300hp listed in the eBay ad.

Get him to give you a picture of the data tag. It is probably 9310 3888 33XG 7C

But, that vin#46GED1517P1051995 in the eBay ad - belongs to this coach.

The people at Barth "might have" screwed up a data tag and put the same vin# down for both coaches (I doubt it) as they were built one after the other, but... I'd like photo proof of that.

Based on the email address in that eBay ad - here is the current owner.

mateo

And he signed that post with

Matthew
1983-22footer

Who knows - maybe he owns 2 of these coaches. We have several members who own more than one. Wink

BTW: I also ran that vin# through a decoder - it shows.
quote:
Manufacturer: Gillig - Incomplete Vehicle - USA
Make: Gillig
Model Year: 1993
Model: Incomplete Vehicle
>> Engine Manufacturer: Caterpillar <<
>> Engine Series: 3116 <<

Engine Capacity: 6.6L (403 CID)
Fuel Type: Diesel
it does not show a Cummins 8.3L

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Something is wrong with this ad...

44,000 miles @95MPH average Wow 464 engine hours??

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Well, it has the Breakaway dash, but not the side radiator associated with the C8.3L. The only Sovereign that has surfaced is billyt53's, and it doesn't have corrugated sheathing.

Basement storage appears to be more in line with Breakaways than Monarchs or a Sovereign. There was one Breakaway 34' XL with the C8.3L, but IIRC, it also sported smooth sides.

I have to agree with Bill N Y; this coach may be seriously misrepresented.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I'm more inclined to go with the Breakaway XL as, like Billy T's coach, it doesn't have the extended side compartment door covering that wraps around the bottom like the Sovereign does. Also, NADA doesn't show a Sovereign in the Lineup for 94. But, NADA has been wrong in the past.

I like the 8.3l Cummins, the Allison Transmission and the airbrakes found on this coach. In this case, I wouldn't get "Too Hung Up" on the model designation.

A foot shorter - the wrong vin# - the relationship between the stated mileage and the eng hrs - 50hp difference... Go into this potential purchase with eyes a little wider.

If anyone does look at it, snap a pic of the data tag or have him send you an image. Forward anything to bill_ny@barthmobile.com

Good luck.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Bill,

Isn't the HP discrepancy explained by the Banks upgrade? The third owner also says 250HP up to 300 HP with the Banks. This sounds about right to what Banks normally claims for an increase (however real or imagined).

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Moonbeam-Express:
The third owner also says 250HP up to 300 HP with the Banks.
If your turbo failed... what would you ask the tech to order?

BTW: The Turbo failed on this coach and it was replaced a few years back.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/10
Picture of bud@YXY
posted Hide Post
This coach appears to have a side radiator-- opening are similar to ours.
The exhaust on our 8.3 is on the passenger side, but maybe this is a "Banks " mod (don't know)
Seems like less storage than ours and I definitely like our chrome bumpers but it looks like the rumored Breakaway XL model (maybe they needed to be built on a Gillig)
The 3060 w/retarder is a very nice option

Bud

1993 Breakaway 36ft & 1977 20 ft
Spartan: air ride and brakes & P32(?)
Cummins: 8.3 litre 250hp, PACBrake
Allison 3060 (6 spd)
Front entry, side hallway
7.5 kw diesel gen.
1999 2dr Tracker 4X4 5spd, SMI Braking system

Posts: 253 | Location: Yukon--Arizona and around | Member Since: 06-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:

I like the 8.3l Cummins, the Allison Transmission and the airbrakes found on this coach. In this case, I wouldn't get "Too Hung Up" on the model designation.

Bill,
I read the description a couple times. Granted I tend to Skim but where did you see airbrakes?

This has a dash that looked so close to mine I would have said twin.

My Aristocrat has very similarities to the Breakaway and was licensed as because the Aristocrat according to NADA was only produced in 95. If I didn't have the Original Paperwork showing it to be an Aristocrat I would have said it was a Breakaway. PO said it was a demo model and was purchased new with 12,000 miles on it and had never been titled.

I hope to learn more at Milford if memories can help demystify.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1383 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dana:
I read the description a couple times. Granted I tend to Skim but where did you see airbrakes?
It has airbrakes - it's not in the ad.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
quote:
Originally posted by Dana:
It has airbrakes - it's not in the ad.

I knew you were psychic Big Grin

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1383 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/10
Picture of bud@YXY
posted Hide Post
Dana
The pics on E-bay, showing the dash, have a clear shot of the yellow air brake emergency/parking knob--- the dash is almost exactly like our Breakaway.
The left console with the transmission controls is different and this one does not have the Barth "logo" on the air horns.
When I was talking to the PO (when I was thinking of purchasing this coach), he had mentioned that the front door had been tweaked slightly and there was some passage of air one could readily hear at highway speeds.
Bud

1993 Breakaway 36ft & 1977 20 ft
Spartan: air ride and brakes & P32(?)
Cummins: 8.3 litre 250hp, PACBrake
Allison 3060 (6 spd)
Front entry, side hallway
7.5 kw diesel gen.
1999 2dr Tracker 4X4 5spd, SMI Braking system

Posts: 253 | Location: Yukon--Arizona and around | Member Since: 06-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Looking for more info from anyone... I've called the number in the ad and left a message. Has anyone been successful with getting additional photos or talking to Matthew?

I've received another confirmation that the vin# listed in the eBay ad is not for the coach being sold.
quote:
Thanks for the heads up Bill. As you can see from attached data tag, vin number is correct for our Breakaway (that’s us having a tow after an alternator failure). Any suggestions on how to handle this? bob

Does anyone have a suggestion for Bob?

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
At the very least, I'd send a question as to why the seller is trying to sell Bob's coach, based on the VIN. If it were I, I'd notify ebay's fraud division - it's bad enough that many things in the listing don't add up, but using a false VIN is serious.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
At the very least, I'd send a question as to why the seller is trying to sell Bob's coach, based on the VIN. If it were I, I'd notify ebay's fraud division - it's bad enough that many things in the listing don't add up, but using a false VIN is serious.
I mean, honestly, why would anyone list a false vin# unless they're planning on some type of fraud?

I contacted eBay and was directed to the "Report Item" link. I was told that if people complained - they would review it.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis