Tools
Reply To This Topic

1990 BARTH REGENCY NEW PRICE Bee County
 Login now/Join our community

"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
Just some observations---- possible several new rivets under the front windshield; don't understand why the side (black area) looks so dented in at the rivet sites; no directional lights on the front of the coach (appears that the amber light on the side may be a directional, however these may not be legal in all states because they are not on the front); diamond plate under the door; also notice that the tile is cracked on the steps and it appears that the tile is heavy ceramic which adds a lot of unneeded weight to the coach.

To me, it looks like several things have been altered and should be checked out thoroughly. JMO

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of MichaelR
posted Hide Post
Here's a thought........why don't you just call and ask the guy?
I have communicated with him on two occasions and he has been very forthcoming with info.

Good grief! The guy is trying to sell his motorhome and its a Barth. How about some positive rhetoric.

Posts: 173 | Location: Greeneville TN | Member Since: 05-11-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Jim was just musing, which can be beneficial.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
I will be doing the event at Beeville TX. Looks like this coach is just north. If I have time, (will be limited) I could swing by for an eye on it. I will not initiate contact but can follow thru for others if need be. send me a PM for my contact info.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MichaelR
posted Hide Post
Muse away. I prefer direct contact to eliminate any "guessing".
There have been times in the forum where folks get a little to critical and then the "hand-slapping" comments start. Just taking a positive supportive approach for the guy.

Kevin's comments where of that nature.

Hope it checks-out well and the coach finds an appreciative owner.

Posts: 173 | Location: Greeneville TN | Member Since: 05-11-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MichaelR:
Muse away. I prefer direct contact to eliminate any "guessing".
There have been times in the forum where folks get a little to critical and then the "hand-slapping" comments start. Just taking a positive supportive approach for the guy.
One of the biggest gripes I get in my PMs. I'm not a fan.

The guy is just trying to sell his coach and the market is bringing a reality check to the speed in which he chooses to sell. He can hold on for a higher price or he can choose to lower it for a quicker sell. It happens when someone sells anything like this... capitalism at work.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of crouch38
posted Hide Post
I think the coach looks pretty good , especially for 26 years old.
Yes, it has some flaw's , needs a couple improvements , some personalizing , and the price dropped some. (my opinion )
But, if i was looking for another Barth coach ,I would be calling the owner. Nobody know's what he will take for it , money talks .
Bob

Year:: 1986
Model:: Barth Regal
Length:: 25 ft
Engine:: New Chevy 454 HO
Chassis:: P-30
Data Tag Number:: 8606 3339 25FP2

Posts: 262 | Location: Wampum , Pa | Member Since: 02-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
I certainly was not trying to inject a negative comment.
As a retired law enforcement, with 40 years experience, my first observation was the lack of directional lights on the front of the coach. I was trying to be helpful in the fact this could cause a problem with a safety inspection and could present a problem to a buyer.
After that observation I just noticed several other things.

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MichaelR:
I have communicated with him on two occasions and he has been very forthcoming with info.
Thank you to MichaelR for getting this tag. More pictures to follow.

The best guess I've got on the vin# is

46GED0410J1041652

That comes up as an 88 chassis. Most DMVs will register as an 88 if the new owners doesn't register it again in the same state as they buy it.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
https://corpuschristi.craigsli.../rvs/5967531454.html

New price $16000.00

1990 Barth regency 32' all aluminum wide body 102" wide, powered by cat 3208t turbo 250hp and Allison 4 speed transmission , diesel pusher, 6.5 kW onan generator , air ride suspension on gillig bus frame, 90k miles, drives great, excellent Michelin radials, Alcoa aluminum wheels, 3 dometic a/c's heat pumps,double pane windows, corrian counter tops, propane stove and water heater, mid bath w large shower, rear queen bed , lots of storage and closets. No pets or smokers.
size / dimensions: 32' x 102" wide
Call text or email for details
no scammers don't waste our time.
$16,000

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Wow, $19000 less than the post on 08-18-2014, or is my calculator playing April fools tricks on me?

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post