Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    1978 Barth Classic 24' - $3900 (Wauconda)
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1978 Barth Classic 24' - $3900 (Wauconda)
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
https://chicago.craigslist.org...home/6353008545.html

VIN: 1b4gp44goyb759690

Classic Barth motorhome good condition runs and drives, needs a little TLC.
condition: fair
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 91400
paint color: red
chicago
see PICS

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
https://chicago.craigslist.org...home/6481689658.html

New Price: $3000.00

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Geez, another one not to far from me..looks like one that used to live in Clinton!! Mary do you want to have 5 ???

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Duane, I guess I will stop at three although I would still like to have a class C.
Smiler Tooling Along

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Duane88, guess I will stop at 3, but I would like to have a class c.

Smiler Tooling Along

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
I did go up and look at the 71 from Doug's post today wish it had been warmer.

It is a cuddly old girl, never been painted, a few dents in the skin and one tear in the rear panel. The interior is pretty much trashed, the floor seems solid but the cushions fell apart when I touched them. The cabinets are fine. The driver and passenger seats are in good shape, either leather or vinyl and fabric, very old school not plush like todays captain chairs, comfortable though. The rear roof vent was broken and letting water in the toilet area. The entire luan ceiling panels were water warped and missing in some areas, there must be several roof leaks. All the undercarriage access doors for storage are in good shape, but the doors for the water heater, and generator are warped and bent. I saw the steel side supports are pretty rusty. The windshield is the hard to get one and both panes have a stone chip in them, both in about the center of the glass.

The guy selling it for his mother, said his Dad did not use it very much, and his guess is it sat around quite a bit, that's not counting the 5 years it has been sitting in its current location.

I took a picture of the data plate but it is too fuzzy to read head bang. I asked the owner to post one he took on the craigs list ad his was much clearer.

Unfortunity it is to big of a job for me, so I have to pass, but I think if someone wanted a long term project, this unit is worth the investment, it really is cool!!! Tooling Along

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane88:

I took a picture of the data plate but it is too fuzzy to read head bang.
HaHa Duane you were shaking like a dog trying to pass a razor blade, because your wife was thinking you were joining the MARY RAY CLUB. HAHA. Hide

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
I was looking at the data tags used by date of manufacture and this one on the cuddly old girl was used in 1969 according to the pictures shown. Does this mean it is an older chassis then 71?? Although it is not readable I will post it under test on PB. I can make the MCC at the end of the number.

P30 chassis
350 engine

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
This PB is really a pain!!! The ads take up most of my computer memory and then it crashes. Now PB even has ads for itself!! Geez!!!

posted Hide Post
Duane, I looked for the Data Tag in the test folder. I may have missed it. You probably can't text it to me with the old flip phone you have. Please try sending it again to the 4sale folder. The updated Photobucket instructions are in the Community Announcements.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Duane, I looked for the Data Tag in the test folder. I may have missed it. You probably can't text it to me with the old flip phone you have. Please try sending it again to the 4sale folder. The updated Photobucket instructions are in the Community Announcements.

Seems PB loves you and Steve and takes out its anger on the rest of us!!! Gonna try one more time in the 4sale folder.

Kevin I can email them to you!! PM me your addy!! Salute

I had to send them one at a time, but posted 3 pics, Barth Handle, odometer, tag!!!! Thumbs Up

Now I can not post the darn things here head bang

P30 chassis
350 engine

posted Hide Post
Either you need a tripod to keep you from shaking hmm or the phone George Washington gave you needs a new lens. You might luck out and the lens just needs cleaned. Click

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
https://chicago.craigslist.org...home/6481689658.html

$2900.00

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!