Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1991 Barth Regency 32' - Ebay ... US $2,000.00
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
http://www.ebay.com/itm/201352...id=229466&rmvSB=true

Really nice coach that could easily be put back on road, or lived in.
Must be removed from property in Fort Lauderdale soon.

The Good, Cat 3208, 300 H.P. Turbo Diesel Pusher, Spartan Chassis, 7 New tires all around plus spare. Tires have extra UV protection for long life. Alcoa aluminum Rims. Alison 4 speed auto trans. Exterior in very good shape with no dents or accidents. New Awnings, Both A/C units work great, Brand new Flexsteel Lambskin leather front seats costing over $1000. Have all paperwork, see pics

The Bad, Generator went bad and removed, all hook ups still in place. Last time we went to start it it wouldn't start. Appears its not getting sufficient pressure to injectors however it has not been looked at by a mechanic so? Refrigerator seems to have stopped working. Levelors not going down!!

>>> UPDATE---- The Barth is a 1991 vehicle year, not 1987 as previously posted. Not sure where I came up with 1987, but I have been corrected.
ALSO--- interior pictures have been added, interior in nice shape, could be upgraded a bit, but everything is functional. The fold out coffee table is folded away across from the couch. I did not fold it out to take pictures. the closet is fully lined with Cedar planks. Very nice. The Coach was ordered from Barth with the optional twin beds in the back, There are cabinets above and below the beds, all in good shape. Could be converted to a Queen size bed very easily. Several questions concerning the generator, the generator was carefully removed from the Coach and repaired by my brother in-law, and he wishes to keep it. It would be very easy to purchase a different one off E-bay and replace it as he left all connection in tact. This was a large factor in the low starting price. One question was, "Is the engine in the coach" YES, it is in the coach and complete, has a recent fuel issue. Maybe a pressure issue. We would like the coach removed with in 7 to 10 days after auctions end. Keep in mind the Good Year tires are relatively brand new, less than 500 miles on them. These tires were purchased with the added U.V. protection offered by Good Year. Very difficult to get, took over 3 months. Ensures tires will never dry rot. Tires cost over $2200 alone. All Fluids in coach recently replaced. With a little TLC will make someone a really nice relatively inexpensive Barth.
Any more questions please feel free to ask 9546059459

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots of problems with the sellers post. GY does not custom make tires with UV protection. The GY670's all come with added UV protection. Dry rot is not due to UV. If those tires show a date of more than 7 years they are worth nada! As much as I like Barths they are not a Blue Bird nor did this unit cost as much as Wonderlodge. A 4 spd. Allison is not what you really want with a 3208. I had a Blubird with a 3208 and although they are very powerful there are problems. This is not an ISX or ISL Cummins. They are not known for long life. Have a poorly designed oil cooler. But at least it is an intercooled Turbo Cat. A decent diesel Onan will cost more than $4000. If the brother took the rad maybe $4500. I suppose even with a genie the total invested is still low. IF there are no other surprises.

Posts: 60 | Location: Tucson | Member Since: 12-25-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I'm in on this. Dreaming I know, but you never know.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Is 1***o a member? If so I'll quit bidding.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
Can't ignore the comment on the 3208. This engine was produced with over a million built from late 60's to 1999 and is still supported by Cat; installed in every conceivable medium duty vehicle and thousands of marine; industrial and on and off road vehicles, generators, pumps, etc. hardly qualifies as a throw-away. Ours dripped oil when we bought it and the engine bay was covered in soot. Had the transmission removed and new seals installed in the flywheel adapter ring and all those problems went away. Had the smell of diesel on an annual trip and traced it to the injectors. Our throwaway engine had outlived the injector seals and once again had them all replaced and the pump rebuilt and we can run any hills, cruise all day at 70 and still get 8.8 average mpg. With proper maintenance it is easily a 500,000 engine before any serious rebuilds. Never had a complaint when Cat did the service!

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
And I can only concur and agree with Tom. Never had a problem with our 3208. Never burned a quart of oil between oil changes. Saw a Bumper sticker once -- "If it ain't a CAT it must be a dog." And yeah the Foretravel is 350HP Cummins 8.3. java

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Just for kicks let's play an old Barthmobile game called "Guess what it goes for" I'll say 5750, and someone will get a good deal.

79 Barth Classic

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
Picture of Tool Man T
posted Hide Post
I'll Play Thumbs Up

3750. May get re listed.

Joel Taylor

Posts: 164 | Location: South Carolina | Member Since: 05-12-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Another bidder. Still not out of this, but pretty close.

79 Barth Classic

Picture of Tool Man T
posted Hide Post
I'm ROOTING for you Danny. Less than 16 Hrs. till you get your new coach. Stay with it. The pros. (buy cheep and turn it around) are dropping out.
You will own this one for less than my guess in the game. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
7 Up's for luck.

Joel Taylor

Posts: 164 | Location: South Carolina | Member Since: 05-12-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tool Man T
posted Hide Post
EATIN MY HAT Tin Foil Hat Club

Joel Taylor

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Danny, was that you?

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
It is a great feeling when you win the bid by one second. I wish the new owner of this Barth all the happiness and enjoyment in the world.....Carl

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
well someone got it. Could be the fuel solenoid bad on the 3208

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Not me, I wouldn't go that high when it's not running. Hope whoever it was finds us and joins us here.

79 Barth Classic