Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    1977 Barth A 30' $8500 (Simpsonville)
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1977 Barth A 30' $8500 (Simpsonville)
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
https://greenville.craigslist....-all/7128082100.html

see pics

Barth Motor Coach all aluminum construction just like an Airstream and can be polished to a mirror finish. Chevy P30 chassis, 454 and TH400 transmission. Runs and drives good, needs work but can be used as is tomorrow. It is 30' long and sleeps 5 with a front pull down bed. Needs maintenance work like, tune-up, roof reseal... but can be used like it is. I have owed it for more than 15 years used it three or four times a year up till a few years ago. The tires are like new and I drive the RV every couple of weeks the keep in good shape. It has a later model Honda EV6010 generator that will run everything on the motor coach including the two A\C units with no problem. It gets a lot of attention and would be great for advertising, convert to a food truck, tailgating, restore into the perfect glamping machine or just use it like it is.

UP-DATE to answer frequent questions.
1) Yes it has had roof water leaks at some point in its life (it's 43 years old). 95% of this motor home is made of aluminum and water does not damage aluminum like wood in a wooden motor home, it does have cosmetic water damage. This is the main reason I bought it 15 years ago.

2) Can I drive it to....? Yes it does run and drive fine but needs maintenance. I have owned it 15 years and I have driven it 5 hour trips except when I bought it in Indiana and drove it down to SC. For the record the person I bought it from didn't think driving that far was a good idea, I did it anyway. I made it 10 miles from my home before the transmission failed and I had to get it towed, that is the only time I ever had to get it towed by the way. It is a much better shape now than when I bought it 15 years ago but it is still a 43 year old vehicle.

3) Miles, the odometer shows 08572 I assume that means 108572 but I have no idea if the odometer is correct.

4) The price $8500, I think it is well worth that, the generator is worth $2000 by its self. If you want to make an offer, come take a look, bring cash and make an offer. I have had a lot of interest, email offers wont be accepted.

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2584 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
call or text:
(864) 423-4905

was $9500

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...1087061/m/6813984397

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Neil T.
posted Hide Post
Wanted to let you guys know my Barth was sold over the weekend to a local retired guy that has the time tinker with it. I owned and used it for 15 years and hoped to restore one day but realised it would probably never happen. I have moved on to a 5th wheel and a truck camper for now but will probably end up back in some kind of Motor home again eventually. I told Chuck about this web site and hope he comes to visit.

www.swedishautomotive.com
77 28' Rear Bath
The "Budget BARTH"

Posts: 246 | Location: Simpsonville, South Carolina | Member Since: 04-20-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
you were with us for a long, long time, Neil.
sorry to see you go

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post