Tools
Reply To This Topic

Busy Barth week
 Login now/Join our community

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted
Well, even though I don't have a Barth anymore the connection to Barthmobile has become an important focal point in my social life. Last week met up with Bill NY and his buddy John at Daytona and for the last few nights we were honored with Steve VW staying over on their way to the Keys. I hadn't met Steve and Liz in person and as all would expect they are fantastic people and instant friends.

Steve and Liz parked across the street at a house I just bought as a repo. I plan to make half the house my shop/garage and office while the other half will be a smallish rental. I will also have pull in space for several RVs if anyone needs a stopover or wants to visit.

There's a pic of Steve offloading the vintage plate booty as well as one of the back of his Barth showing the crud and salt he brought down from the north. I think they should have a mandatory car wash at the border Big Grin

The last few pics are from this morning as they were pulling away. Safe Travels VWs (VW turns out to be short for their last name and nothing to do with a certain German car brand).

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
I think its very nice of him to sweep your driveway as he left. Smiler All who wander are not lost. Tooling Along

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Corey is my new hero! What a great guy and such cool toys! (don't forget the 67 Vette!) A true pleasure to meet him, wife and son. We have many more stories to tell, I hope. Thanks again for the hospitality.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad you made it to your roost. Sorry I wasn't able to talk when you called, my daughter called and said she had no power in her house! confusion The main 100amp breaker was shot in the 40 year old breaker box. As luck would have it, I had a new Cutler Hammer box standing by for a future project at her house. That project is now done and all by flashlight!!! She has power again.

Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Glad you are close by to be able to smooth things out. That's the two edged sword of the handyman. It's great know how to fix things but you get called on if people find out!

Reminds me of fixing cars in high school. Seems like every time I rode in my friends' crap cars I ended up working on them to get a ride home.

Had a great time with you, Corey. I'm working on the Dec GTG, sure would like to meet the other Florida folks.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm working on the Dec GTG, sure would like to the other Florida folks.

other than the folks in the north, west, and middle, the southeast Barth gang are as good as they get. The Hillsborough River State Park is the best GTG I've attended without rival.

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Hillsborough River State Park is the best GTG I've attended without rival.

All due to the attitude and cooperation of the attendees.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post