Reply To This Topic

1989 Barth Regal 22 - $6500 cincinnati, OH
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
https://cincinnati.craigslist....l-22/6997985456.html

see pics

A LITTLE ABOUT BARTH QUALITY:
Barth was founded by Bob Barth who started building all-aluminum travel trailers in 1963. Barth built motorhomes from 1973 to 1998.

Building less than 25 hand-assembled units per year, Barth is still considered a premier line of Motorcoach, with original pricetags in the 80K-150K range in 1980’s dollars. Most manufacturers build on wood with aluminum skin or use fiberglass. Barth is an all-aluminum construction far ahead of it’s time. Much like a jet aircraft, a Barth is an aluminum skin placed over an aluminum skeleton. That means no rust, no rot. The aluminum substructure is riveted in place using a total of 2,120 rivets. Each rivet was installed by a two-man team. The superstructure in mounted to a heavy welded-steel chassis – in this case, a Chevy P-30 chassis with a Chevy 454 engine. Driveline and engine parts are easily accessible because of this assembly.

ABOUT THIS BARTH:
This unit was hand-manufactured in 1989 and is the highly desirable and rare 22-foot Class-A Regency model. Small enough to fit into small campsites and easy to park on the street, it was still filled with the highest quality appointments of the time. Solid wood cherry cabinets line the ceiling and walls. No cheap veneers or formica here. A full bathroom with toilet, sink and shower stall. A matching cherry table that mounts on the engine bay and allows the front seats to be utilized as dining chairs. Two OEM overstuffed couches – with one at a time being able to be pulled down into a bed, or both used simultaneously for visiting. Water heater. Refrigerator. Microwave. Three-burner range. Rooftop AC. Onan Generator. The list goes on.

I purchased this vehicle 5 years ago with dreams of travelling the country economically and in style, but health problems got in the way and I was never able to realize my dreams. As such, this rare gem has sat basically untouched and unused for the bulk of that time. It’s going to need some love, but at this pricepoint, it’s a bargain for someone’s vision.

The title is clean and it is in my name. Mileage is 62,736.

I’ve replaced a front tire, and the roof mounted AC. I know it’s going to need a new vent cover. The appliances/systems all worked five years ago and have not been touched nor molested – but I cannot verify they work now. The buyer WILL need rear tires before moving it – or I can facilitate that for an additional cost. And it's going to need a good cleaning and power-washing. As such, this sale is as-is/where-is.

If the ad is still up, it's still for sale. I don't need help selling and don't need trades - unless you have a Scamp or an Amerigo, then we can talk.

Thank you for your time.

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Flagged for removal.

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post