Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1992 Barth
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of Jeff & Joy
posted
The other day I got a call from a very nice lady named Nancy, she introduced herself and informed me she had a Barth that may be for sale.

Jeff and I went and looked at it and it is a great rig. Not exactly what we are looking for but I told her, I may know of some people on a certain website that may fit the bill.

Here is what I know:

1992 Barth 32', Nancy had the boys at Milford take the front of one kind and the back of another kind of Barth and put them together, and what you have is a Barth/Marmon, I picked the name, you would have to ask Jack or Nancy what it is actually called.

Caterpillar Engine in the back and a Honda Genny in the Front. All this is sitting on a Gillig Chassis.

Posts: 144 | Location: wolverine, michigan | Member Since: 07-24-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jeff & Joy
posted Hide Post
Here are a few more pics

Posts: 144 | Location: wolverine, michigan | Member Since: 07-24-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Great find, Jeff & Joy. We have been missing that tag for a long time. It is a 32ft Regency and we now have Regency tags 0158 to 0168 without missing any Thumbs Up

Also might add that it's one nice looking coach. Any idea what they want for it.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
That CAT does not look like a 3208. May be a 3116. That is the engine in the very next tag number 0162 and the VIN is one number lower also.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
OK, I'll bite. I don't see a connection with Marmon (big rig truck) other than the emblem. What is meant by having Milford put two Barths together? Looks like a regular Barth to me, a nice one at that. Is it possible the engine has been replaced?

We really need contact info and price. Any help there?

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Additional pictures:

Nick

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
That CAT does not look like a 3208. May be a 3116.
Good eye Nick... That is indeed a 3116 Cat. Or, a 6.6L equating to 403 CID. Smiler

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Very nice looking vehicle. Notice the #s has "RG" instead of "RDG" in the sequence #. And the GVWR is 4,340 lbs less than was on Nick,s and my coaches. sky

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jeff & Joy
posted Hide Post
The asking price is $55,000.00. It is located on Burt Lake, between Indian River and Alanson, MI.

Everything seemed to run good when we started the engine and the generator.

This Barth is in like new condition. I will call the Waldrons today and get their number posted, They are very sorry to see her go, but feel its the best for them and the Barth Frowner

Nancys Grandfather owned Marmon Car Company, the very first winner of the Indy 500. And once sold the began to build Big Rigs.

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
This Barth is in like new condition. I will call the Waldrons today and get their number posted, They are very sorry to see her go, but feel its the best for them and the Barth

At $55K I don't think they will need to worry about it leaving confusion

This is the sad state of things with the market dropping out, even perfect rigs get sucked down. My 32' Barth with a turbo/aftercooled/Cummins and 40K miles in great shape went for $30K from a dealer!

The question is, do we tell these nice folks the reality or do we let them learn on their own? It reminds me of a time in my teens when a friend was meeting a blind date. He asked me to give him an excuse to get away if she was really ugly. I did that as all good friends would....over and over, with no response from him. They have been married for 33 years now D'oh

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
I vote to let them find out on their own. They will. Frowner

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/10
Picture of Andrew
posted Hide Post
Small world.... I work for the man that bought Marmon from Nancy's Grandfather! (She may recognize the name 'Robert Pritzker') He bought it in 1964 but sold most of it to Berkshire Hathaway a couple years ago.

1978 P32 w/454
s7708 2284 MC27 S-3

My dad makes me wanna Barth!

Posts: 20 | Location: Saranac Lake, NY | Member Since: 09-01-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
The down side of asking a really high price is that you will turn down reasonable offers early on.

In my protracted Barth shopping, I made several offers on overpriced coaches that were angrily rejected. I left my phone number anyway, and (much later) a few called and accepted my offers. Too late for both of us. I had already bought my present coach, but would rather have had a couple of the ones who turned me down initially. Too late for the sellers, as well, as they ended up selling for less than my offer.

I see this same situation in real estate. A seller will reject an offer that he later wishes he had taken.

Many RE agents will rec against pricing too high, because the greatest exposure is at the outset.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Bill H, I have to agree. Several cruisers I looked at were sold for less than my angrily declined offer.

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of billyt53
posted Hide Post
This is a great looking coach!

Billy & Helen Thibodeaux

Retired from Billy Thibodeaux's Premiere RV, Inc. Scott, LA 70583 I-10 Exit 97
The Farm is near Duson, LA I-10 Exit 92 then N 1 mile on right
Three Full 50 Amp RV Hookups !
billynhelen@me.com
Data Tag: 9404-3908-36XI-2C
1994 Sovereign 36' Widebody on Spartan IC (Mountain Master Lite) Chassis.