Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Craigslist>Memphis
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of Jeff & Joy
posted
Just saw this one, I dont recall seeing it before. http://memphis.craigslist.org/rvs/1638606528.html

Posts: 144 | Location: wolverine, michigan | Member Since: 07-24-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Nice, but Doc and Jacki's is newer, at least as nice, and 5 grand cheaper!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Yes; but this one is a "Collector's Item!".
Ford 460 with a Cummins Power Pack? Could someone explain what that is?
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess that any Barth could be considered a 'collectors' item since they are no longer made. Or if your question is about the Banks power pack, it's an exhaust manifold etc upgrade system. Also may have a Banks intake upgrade if it's fuel injected. Ditto comments on the price. I'd be delighted to get 10 grand for my 85 Regal. Doc and Jacki have priced theirs to move it quickly. I'd buy it sight unseen at that price.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
Anyone else notice the size of that sofa?

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Hi Jim
Ya, I know about Banks but wonder about a Cummins (DIESEL?) power pack on a Ford 460 gasser??
When a seller puts "collector's item" in an ad they usually are priced above the market.
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don in Niagara:
Yes; but this one is a "Collector's Item!"

quote:
1987 Barth Regal 34' Motorhome (Southaven, Ms)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-03-10, 11:03PM CST
Reply to: sale-qkuxe-1638606528@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1987 Barth Regal 34' Motorhome

Clean, Good quality, motor home, Very well built, A classic in its day, John

Deere chassis, Ford 460 engine, Cummins power pack, 41451 mileage, 354 hours on

Onan Generator, 1229 hours on John Deere chassis, Collectors item
$18.950

Call Ray Adams 901-644-2603 Call For appointment or Email srvray@gmail.com or

ray@raysrvs.com

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted Hide Post
Question on "Cummins Power Pack". My 1984 Regal 454 Chevy has a "Banks Power Pack". Near as I can tell from reading the information, I think it is a special set of headers, and a stainless steel exhaust system made specifically for the engine and tuned for higher horsepower and torque...but it sure makes the motor sound sweeetttt....

Supposedly it gives an extra 70+ horsepower....

Got an swampland for sale by the way????

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
The guy that has this listed (Ray) is a RV Salesman, need I say more.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I have no problem with someone saying that a Barth is a "Collectors Item".

We have Mary Ray who has managed to collect 2 and is currently trying to find a Barth Trailer to round out her stable. We have members who have owned 2-3-4-? Barths in their lifetime and have passed their coaches down to the kids.

A collectors item is something that is in the eye of the beholder. One day I hope to collect a big 'ol Regency or a nice Breakaway... Big Grin Who am I to say what is considered a collectors item? Wink
quote:
From the header of the main forums page:
Although owning a Barth isn't necessary to join our community, expect us to try to talk you into one... or two!
See... I even encourage collecting these. hmm

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/11
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
Around here there is one big advantage to calling something a "collector" vehicle....DMV registration. Any vehicle 20 years or older will qualify. The advantage is a one time non expiring registration fee. I'm waiting for my "collector" plates to arrive Smiler

Tom & Jillene

1988 Regal
28' Chevy 454
8805-3538-28C-B3

Posts: 190 | Location: Crystal River, FL | Member Since: 08-16-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Don, I completely missed that 'Cummins' power pack. Probably a brain aneurysm otherwise known as a brain f***. As Mary suggests, maybe a salesman's hype. Nice pics but I still think it's overpriced.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
have no problem with someone saying that a Barth is a "Collectors Item".

We have Mary Ray

I had to read this several times.........Mary Ray is the collector not the item.......right?

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Collector plates for the Volunteer State of Tennessee are for 25 years plus vehicles and you have to sign a paper you only drive it on Saturdays and Sundays or car shows and sunny days etc. But no more yearly renewals!

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Likewise, Maryland has historic tags that are pretty liberal....25 yr old vehicles can be used for "exhibitions, club activities, parades, tours, occasional transportation and similar uses."

The way I figure it, anytime I travel my Barth is "on exhibit".....to/from a campground to see the sights is certainly part of a "tour"......and a couple trips a month would be considered "occasional transportation....Any other potential issues should be covered under "similar uses".......

....and $26.00/yr for tags is definately a good deal!

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post