Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    1988 BARTH RV Motor Coach 33 ft (Bend, OR)
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1988 BARTH RV Motor Coach 33 ft (Bend, OR)
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/17
posted
1988 BARTH RV Motor Coach 33 ft
Ford 460 Engine under 60,000 miles
http://bend.craigslist.org/rvs/4399317920.html

Posts: 32 | Location: Highland, Michigan | Member Since: 02-02-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Price in ad heading is only $5500.
Otherwise, there are no more details than Bill posted. I suppose Chassis would be Oshkosh.
Floorplan is uncommon with corner shower, corner full bed, exposed toilet and vanity IN the bedroom.
There is a privacy curtain that can be pulled closed between the bed and the side where the bath fixtures are in a row.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mogan David:
Price in ad heading is only $5500.

http://bend.craigslist.org/rvs/4774944172.html

Price reduction $4000
1988 BARTH 33 FOOT MOTORCOACH
see pics
Ford 460 engine (runs great), under 60,000 miles,
stand up shower, built in desk, lots of closet space, some Solar panels, ect...ect.
Needs some attention and has been sitting for a bit.
Needs new water heater, needs new gasket seal at carburetor, and needs batteries.
other than those things its in pretty good shape just minor fixes.
Jason 5412805304
$4, 000 As Is

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any thoughts on this rig? I contacted the owner and was told there is coolant??? leaking at the hot water heater and the carburetor is leaking fuel. Besides that needs some additional electrical work to bring a few smaller items back on line. Being a novice thought I would ask the pro's here. Anyone happen to have a spec sheet for this year of Barth?Any assistance/direction would be fantastic!!

Posts: 7 | Location: Vancouver B.C | Member Since: 09-24-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/09
posted Hide Post
I would like to see a floor plan,the pics don't show the sleeping area ?, and I would wonder what is behind the passenger seat and forward of the door,wasted space?

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

Posts: 220 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. | Member Since: 03-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
I still think it is a lot of coach for the money. Suppose you have to put another three grand + in it. Then you'll have a unique and solid motor home.
Green coolant or pink coolant?
If it is engine coolant (prob green, though my diesel is pink) that would be from a heat exchanger for domestic hot water. If pink (the non toxic kind) could be it was winterized but has a loose connection.
Dave, in pic 4 you can see the bed in the curbside rear corner. Prob less than queen, sometimes less than full in that layout.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The coach has a double size corner bed (not my personal favourite setup but workable) I'm sure he mentioned green coolant as in regular antifreeze. I thought it strange as I'm not familiar with that type of a system. I assume it runs engine coolant around the tank or through the heat exchanger as mentioned to try and maintain a bit of hot water for when you arrive at your destination? I like the size of the unit as we currently have a 87 31' Itasca Sun cruiser. Thing I would miss would be the basement moving to this rig but I have always had a soft spot for the Barth coaches and for the $$ it may make sense as ours is now fallen victim to a dry rot issue...

Posts: 7 | Location: Vancouver B.C | Member Since: 09-24-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/09
posted Hide Post
If you decide to buy it, I acquired a 87 John Deere chassie and parts manual. I would be happy to share any info you might need.

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

Posts: 220 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. | Member Since: 03-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thank you Dave.