Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    76 Toaster, Sarasota , Fl.
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

76 Toaster, Sarasota , Fl.
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
are these the windshields that can't be replaced?

This is the glass used by GMC on some of their heavy truck lines for many years.
They are being produced today at reasonable prices and should be available for some years to come.

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
Thanks Lee. That is something to consider.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
They are NOT in that category (unreplaceable).
The orphans are really short, like 14"

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
The orphan windows were indeed short... from 1969 through mid 73 I think. I have a friend looking at old service trucks, etc with no luck yet.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5189 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/13
Picture of Tonka
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone,

I think I recall a post from one of our newer members who bought and trailered an early Barth home that had the short windows. Maybe last summer or fall. I thought she said it came with two new windshields still in the box. If I'm remembering right, it might be worth her checking the boxes, windshields or her documents for invoices or part numbers or other info. Might be worth a shot. hmm

Thanks,
Wally

Posts: 249 | Location: Minnetonka, MN | Member Since: 01-30-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tonka:
I think I recall a post from one of our newer members who bought and trailered an early Barth home that had the short windows.
7210-1175-MC25

We should have asked for her to try and find more info on them back then. The last time she logged on was Tue, 20 Mar 2012.
quote:
Originally posted by ncbarth1973:
Hey! Thanks for the welcome note. And I am one lucky Girl...the previous owner gave me a new windshield with gaskets, never unpacked! That's just one thing off my very long list of the "will need"s.
She said... never unpacked! Here's the only place she's ever posted on our site.

Swap Meet Cetral: 1973 Barth 25' Interior Available

There they are...

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post