Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    76 Toaster, Sarasota , Fl.
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

76 Toaster, Sarasota , Fl.
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
Tried calling them and got a no voicemail message. Looks like a keeper.
sarasota craigslist > for sale / wanted > rvs - by owner
quote:

class A Barth Motor Hm,27ft,1976 - $4000 (Sarasota,Fl.)

454 Chevy gas engine; runs great,98,000 miles. Will make trip. All aluminum body,good. Generator works but no spark in engine,new parts.
200 miles on 6 tires,4 yrs old. Roof air works on AC. Inside could use some restore. Contact owner VH at 941-376 0697 in Sarasota

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Just talked to the owner, who's in Arkansas till Aug 6, but the coach is in Sarasota, and I can go look at it, so I'll try and make it tomorrow. Owner says;
Onan 4 has all new parts but won't fire, needs work.
Came from Bushnell, Fla. He bought it to fix up but no time. Runs fine, lots of new parts, good tires, new house water pump, running on 1 gas tank because he dissed the switch, if he doesn't sell it by Aug 6 he's taking it back to Arkansas and keeping it. Antenna hole leaked, did some damage to headliner, entry handle flap is busted from someone trying to break in, center bath FP. I don't think he's trying to deceive anyone, seems like an honest guy. I'll know more after I see it and get some pix. Data Tag location on a 76?

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
On my 1975 it is on the wall under the window drivers side.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Went to see this coach today. Not bad, but far from perfect. Of course if it was perfect it would be worth a lot more. The tires are just a little checked, the awning fabric is shot, the windshield looks very clear, the only place I could see inside was the rear bedroom, and it looks nice. The door handle was broke, and I know how to open it but the deadbolt seemed to be engaged so I couldn't get inside. The body and inside the hood look fine for a coach of this age.
My bottom line: If you're looking for a project coach this is priced right and wouldn't require a whole lot to be a nice classic. If you're looking for a perfect coach and don't know how to do anything relating to an older coach, keep looking.

79 Barth Classic

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
'4 grand, '75, looks pretty nice on the out side.
buyer should check it out closely for what they need to put into it. price, to me , looks a little optimistic

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
Danny,I think we ought to go up and take a look at it when the owner comes back. Jan said she wants to ride along.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
where's the bustle?

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
My '75 has a bustle, did they quit doing bustles in '75.

Mary

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I seem to remember the bustle being an option in those days. Anybody back me up on this?

79 Barth Classic

Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Danny; It was a $500.00 extra.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Didn't know that guys, where did you find that info?

Mary

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
I seem to remember the bustle being an option in those days. Anybody back me up on this

My '77 had a bustle.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Danny; It was a $500.00 extra.

Would seem to add up....My '78 chassis (coach completed Jan '79) is a straight back.....
Six months later my son's coach was built with a bustle....

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
My 78 HAD a bustle. ROTFLMAO

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
To satisfy my curiosity - are these the windshields that can't be replaced?

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post