Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1993 Barth on ebay 34 ft DP
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Just listed yesterday. I emailed the seller about this site. He is selling a 5.9 cummins, spring suspension regency...?

Posts: 10 | Location: Moreno Valley, Ca. | Member Since: 04-11-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
11 bids already. Looks familiar but not really a one-of-a-kind looker so might be one we've never seen.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of izomage
posted Hide Post
Very familiar indeed. Former Patrick Sheer Breakaway 33,Barthmobile splash image,for sale by Lazy Days, wholesaled to dealer in Jacksonville Fla.,auctioned on ebay last year.

Posts: 57 | Location: Severna Park, Maryland | Member Since: 08-12-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
On one of our pages in our Gallery

http://barthmobile.com/gallery10.shtml

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
That is a VERY unique setup with the bunk beds in the mid-coach section. Is that a typical setup of other Barth DP's of that era, or a custom job?

I'm always formulating ways to increase sleeping capacity in my rig, for when my boys get older.

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Owner took out the dinette booth and put bunk beds in its place. Still has dinette so that it can be replaced.
Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Here is a previous post and it is a Breakaway. The VIN# comes up on our data tag page. It's not a 34', it's a 33'.

We told Lazy Days that it was a Breakaway, yet here are the new owners and they "Think They Have A Regency"!

Another case for why we require a data tag number to list your coach here.

For this coach, the Data Tag# 9210 3829 33 B S 1B

92 Year, 1992
10 October Build
3829 Sequential Build Number
33 Length
B Breakaway
S Spartan Chassis
1B Floorplan

http://barthmobile.com/eve/for...061/m/2211073282/p/1

Here is the Lazy Days Dazed and Confused Ad.

Here is the link that is still active at Lazy-Dazed.

http://www.lazydays.com/rvs/Mo..._Motorhomes_001.html

The coach has been used a bit since then. At that time it had 83,997 miles, now it's at 104,000 miles, sounds like tour bus mileage. Good to see it was used... from Florida to Spokane! Smiler Cool

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
The current owner is a Country Music Singer and he has a very nice sound. If you would like to listen to his music check out his my space page.

Here's a public profile on him @ his website

here is a video of him broken down with a flat tire on his trailer. You can see the Barth in several clips... pretty neat. Computer

Based on the way it looks like it was sold to him, I'm sure he believes it to be a Regency... but with a 12k price difference between a Breakaway and a Regency, he might have unrealistic price expectations on this coach.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
The current owner is a Country Music Singer and he has a very nice sound. If you would like to listen to his music check out his my space page.

Here's a public profile on him @ his website

here is a video of him broken down with a flat tire on his trailer. You can see the Barth in several clips... pretty neat. Computer

Based on the way it looks like it was sold to him, I'm sure he believes it to be a Regency... but with a 12k price difference between a Breakaway and a Regency, he might have unrealistic price expectations on this coach.

I asked him how he knew it was a Regency. His answer was, "When the bank pulled the VIN it came up Regency.".

He did not respond to my query on the build plate.

I hope the bidders don't think they are getting a Regency. False advertising of a motor vehicle is a bad place to go in some states, depending on the attorney general in office at the time.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I just got off the phone with Dana and informed her of the status of this coach. She assures me that she will better represent this coach on Ebay.

I have no doubt that she truly believes she bought and owns a Regency. I asked her to go look at that tag and she informed me that the coach was too far away to check.

I gave her the numbers as we knew them and explained the meaning of the data tag. She asked how I know all of this and explained to her the history of the coach and how we told Lazy Days it wasn't as they advertised it to be.

She stated that she purchased it from Florida RV and not Lazy Days and her Lending Institution said it was a Regency based on the VIN#.

You can't discount that this coach isn't a beauty and anyone should be proud to own it. But, if I was to purchase something and I was told it was something that it wasn't I wouldn't be a happy camper.

I used Rusty's analogy... "One can order a deluxe interior on a Camry, but that doesn't make it a Lexus LS 460"

Keep watching the Ebay listing and hopefully they'll list it as it should be listed.

1993 Barth Breakaway 33'

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
According to NADA, in 1994 Barth offered a coach model that was a Breakaway XL. I wonder if this coach and the 36ft Breakaway may have been the XL model. What would be the difference? Bigger frame, 22.5 wheels, longer lengths????. Something between a regular Breakaway and a Regency.

Questions, Questions, Questions. Frowner

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
And here's another one. In the Lazy Dazed ad, under the circled Regency designation, it lists the colors as tan and beige. Am I color blind or what?

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Nick
I have inspected a number of 33' Breakaways and they have all been basically oem stock and have ALL had 22.5" wheels and the 230hp B5.9 Cummins engines mated to a 6 speed Allison on a leaf spring Spartan chassis. I always thought the XL models came later and were longer ...eg 36', and are rarer than hens teeth??
Spent quite a bit of time with Don Scalzo when he was selling his a few years ago and have always thought these 33 footers were the best of both worlds. All the room and storage of a Regency but a little less complicated. I know Don's and other ones I've seen were outfitted much more deluxe than the 1992 30' Breakaways we inspected. Actually, nicer inside than our Regency really, but it is kinda low line is some ways.
Probably woulda ended up with one if the Regency hadn't shown up relatively close by.
Don
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
According to NADA, in 1994 Barth offered a coach model that was a Breakaway XL. I wonder if this coach and the 36ft Breakaway may have been the XL model. What would be the difference? Bigger frame, 22.5 wheels, longer lengths????. Something between a regular Breakaway and a Regency.

Questions, Questions, Questions. Frowner

Nick

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y. 02-23-2009 02:23 PM:
I just got off the phone with Dana and informed her of the status of this coach. She assures me that she will better represent this coach on Ebay...

...Keep watching the Ebay listing and hopefully they'll list it as it should be listed.

1993 Barth Breakaway 33'
Still no change in the listing after 2 days. I filed a report with Ebay... so we'll see what happens.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I once filed a report with Ebay about a fraudulent listing. In fact, I filed it a dozen times and even sent a registered letter to the CEO of Ebay. I never got one word of response, not one word.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post