Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1993 Breakaway
 Login now/Join our community

posted Hide Post
Did the person in Ohio say he purchased the 1993 Barth in Davenport Fl yesterday?

Posts: 6 | Location: Tampa FL | Member Since: 04-25-2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scubique
posted Hide Post
Yes. That is my floor plan. I am not a huge fan of dinettes so the lack of one did not bother me at all.

Scot

Posts: 35 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 04-24-2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scubique
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
Send us a picture of the data tag and we can tell you more. The data tag is by the driver seat on the wall.
Also please seecommunity announcements on posting pictures.
You can send me a private message if you need help.
Welcome to our community!

Hi Kevin,

I took a look for the data tag (next to the driver) but could not find it. Is there anywhere else that it might be?
Scot

Posts: 35 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 04-24-2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scubique
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dana:
Welcome to the family. Good Luck. When do you go get it?

Hi Dana,

Thanks very much for the warm welcome.

I came to Florida for business on Tuesday and cancelled my return flights as I expect to drive the coach home this weekend.

I figured I would jump right in. Getting oil and filter change done prior to heading out. Wish me luck that this still untested coach carries me all the way to Ohio in its maiden voyage.

Scot

Picture of Scubique
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raasco:
Did the person in Ohio say he purchased the 1993 Barth in Davenport Fl yesterday?

Hi Raasco,

I did indeed. I have been looking for the right coach (and community) for a while, and had settled on an older Wanderlodge because the Barth's just aren't out there, but I am thrilled to have found what seems to be a good specimen.

I will let you know in a couple of days if my judgement was way off, or I successfully completed the road trip home.

Scot

posted Hide Post
I am new to this site and I am also not very tech savvy so I tried to post a message about the 1993 coach for sale in Davenport Fl last night but I do not see my posting anywhere.I am trying to find out if the member in Ohio purchased this unit because I still see it on Craigslist.

Posts: 6 | Location: Tampa FL | Member Since: 04-25-2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry you can disregard my last post! Best of luck to you! I was curious because I had been texting back and forth with the Breakaway’s owner after the date you posted you bought it and he did not let on that the unit was sold!

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will let you know in a couple of days if my judgement was way off, or I successfully completed the road trip home.Scot

Best of success on your travel north Scot!!! Welcome to our group....

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2059 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scubique:
Hi Kevin,

I took a look for the data tag (next to the driver) but could not find it. Is there anywhere else that it might be?
Scot
Check the home page gallery so you know what you are looking for. Generally behind the curtain. Maybe painted over. Good luck with registering the Barth without a Data Tag in Ohio. I had trouble because mine was titled wrong. The Ohio Bureau Of Motor Vehicles came to my Barth to verify the data tag. With the legal assistance of an attorney it got corrected.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scubique
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
quote:
Originally posted by Scubique:
Hi Kevin,

Scot
Check the home page gallery so you know what you are looking for. Generally behind the curtain. Maybe painted over. Good luck with registering the Barth without a Data Tag in Ohio. I had trouble because mine was titled wrong. The Ohio Bureau Of Motor Vehicles came to my Barth to verify the data tag. With the legal assistance of an attorney it got corrected.

I will have to take another look again tomorrow. I hope the registration will be as easy as transferring the existing FL registration but I know that is naive.

Spent my first "travel" day replacing a compressor and pulling the front wheel for caliper, pads and rotor replacement. Expensive hobby and I haven't even left the parking spot yet. Having fun though and that is what it is all about.

Thanks

Scot

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of crouch38
posted Hide Post
Scot , Congratulations & welcome to the site . cheers
Hopefully the trip to O HI O ( Cool ) goes well .

Bob

Year:: 1986
Model:: Barth Regal
Length:: 25 ft
Engine:: New Chevy 454 HO
Chassis:: P-30
Data Tag Number:: 8606 3339 25FP2

Posts: 262 | Location: Wampum , Pa | Member Since: 02-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Scot,

I am curious did you make it back to Ohio with your new to you Barth? We were waiting for more questions or an update about a successful road trip???

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
72081169MC22C
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scubique
posted Hide Post
HI all,

Sorry for my delay in any kind of response. After 4 days I decided to leave the Coach in its secure location since I was having a devil of a time sourcing a couple minor parts for the front brakes.

I have since been traveling for work quite a bit so my wife and I will finally go down south the first week of June to bring it home. The remaining brake work is being completed by a mechanic that I befriended during my initial visit.

I am really looking forward to getting it home as there are 100 other projects I want to get working on. I will update you all once we are on the road, and when (if) we ever make it to Ohio.

I am boldly taking my wife on the maiden voyage. It will either be a wonderful experience or a very rocky start to our Barth experiment. She fell in love with me when I was a young man full timing in a Country Aire. How bad could it get right?

Updates soon. Thanks all for the interest.

Scot Cannell

Picture of Scubique
posted Hide Post
Hello all,

Another delay, and a couple trips to Europe and we are finally coming up on our trip south to pick up the coach. We will be bringing it back next weekend (baring any more scope creep in the existing projects)

I will make some updates from the road.

Thanks everyone for your interest and support

Scot Cannell

Picture of Scubique
posted Hide Post
For anyone interested we have successfully brought the coach home. It was not an uneventful trip but fun nonetheless. If it could go wrong it did.

I look forward to picking your brains more on some of the things I have learned about the coach on the trip.

Cheers.

Scot Cannell