Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

93 Regency 33ft coming to Lazy Days
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted
Lazy Days is getting a 93 Regency sometime in early November. It is coming in on trade. Unfortunately they don't have a lot of information on it yet, but have told me it is 300hp Cummins 5.9L(?) 33 ft with a 5 speed allison. and a propane gennie. Lazydays does things a little differently than some. It is sometimes hard to get accurate information until the unit arrives on their lot. For example, I didn't think the 5.9L went up to 300 hp. So is it a 8.3? Also the interior layout is somewhat in question as they are going by a drawing that the trading salesman drew. Anyway, it is supposed to be a couch behind the drivers seat followed by the bathroom, and behind the passengers seat is some type of table/dinette area followed by the kitchen. the salesman I talked to could not tell if it was a front or mid entry. The salesman I talked to was David Jones 800-626-7800. They also told me they got it for way under wholesale. Is there anyone on this site that knows anything more about the coach? David is supposed to get back with me if he can garner more details. I will post if I hear more. Tom

Posts: 41 | Location: bardstown, ky | Member Since: 05-20-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of izomage
posted Hide Post
I have known about this coach for a couple weeks now. I didn't post any information on it for two reasons. One, the info wasn't very good or complete, and the second reason you can guess.

Here is what I know from a different salesman. He said they were going to list it at about 48K as I remember, not even money, they had it down to the cent. I could have it for about 46 since they would avoid advertising cost, etc. The information on the coach was supplied by the present owner, so he should know what he has. 33 ft Regency, has anyone ever seen one ? Don't Regency's have diesel gen sets ? With Barth evidentially anything is possible. Still I cant get that photo of the 34ft Breakaway with Regency stickers off my brain.

Posts: 167 | Location: Severna Park, Maryland | Member Since: 08-12-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is some more info on this coach. It is a 5.9 L Cummins with a Banks kit and a six speed tranny. Spartan chasis. I think the owner might be Jim McLean. I don't know who that is, but maybe someone here does and can post more on this coach. I am not good with computers, but here is a link to some pictures, I believe. Can someone here figure out how to import these pictures for all us technically challenged types. Any chance this could be a Breakaway? Tom
.http://photosmart.hpphoto.com/FilmStripHome.aspx?JobID=1682e4a2-5962-47c7-b2c4-61151ec0220f&SKU=HP

Posts: 41 | Location: bardstown, ky | Member Since: 05-20-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
http://photosmart.hpphoto.com/FilmStripHome.aspx?JobID=1682e4a2-5962-47c7-b2c4-61151ec0220f&SKU=HP

The URL only shows the thumbnails...

With a 5.9L Cummins it's a Breakway; max I know of for the 5.9L is 240HP. Prelisting states LP generator; AFAIK, all Regencies had diesel gensets. There were 32/33' Breakways made.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 8408 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
The URL only shows the thumbnails...
I saw little X's instead of thumbnails and then I was asked for a password to continue.

Bill N.Y.

Posts: 7315 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please note my description of the interior in the first post is not accurate. The photos show the dinette to be aft of the couch and across from the kitchen. Rusty, I'm not convinced it is a LP gennie, but are you saying that the 5.9L makes it a Breakaway irregardless of the gennie? Could it be a 34 ft Regency? Thanks for your knowledge. Tom

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Does it have a side or rear radiator?

If you look at enough pictures, you will be able to see that the rounded side edges where roof meets the sides are sharper on Breakaways and Regals and more rounded on Regencies.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 7397 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Tom, ask the salesman to get you the data tag number.
I'm gathering info on those numbers and so far every Regency has the second set of four numbers below 1000.
Also every Regency has the Letter R in the 11th position.
All but one Breakaway has had the letter B in the 11th position.
Nick

Posts: 1839 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I talked with the salesman today, but I don't know if he will be able to get numbers for us. Why is the Breakaway NADA valued so much less than the Regency? Do Breakaways with Spartan chasis have air ride?
Thanks for all the help on this. Tom

1st month member
posted Hide Post
The Breakaway usually has the 5.9 Cummins, rear radiator, no air ride, and a LP generator. The Regency has the side radiator, 8.3 Cummins/3208 CAT, Spartan Mountain Master/Gillig air ride chassis, diesel generator.

1999 Airstream Safari 25'
2007 Toyota Tundra
1987 Yamaha YSR toads

Posts: 431 | Location: Sovereign Republic of Texas-Beaumont | Member Since: 01-15-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of izomage
posted Hide Post
I had originally been told this coach would show up in the middle of October. Now I understand there is a good chance it may never be available. Salesman thinks its chances are about 50 percent. That seems to be in perfect alignment with all the information on this Barth, which is only about 50% accurate, if that. I find it a little strange that they quoted a sales price for me much earlier. ( I didn't even ask for the price, it was volunteered ) They didn't know then, and they don't know now, just what it is they will be selling. I am not faulting Lazy Days for the confusion, the present owner either has no idea what he has, or he has forgotten to take his medication.

Posts: 167 | Location: Severna Park, Maryland | Member Since: 08-12-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey izomage,
Why don't you buy it so we can all know what it is. Tom

EDIT: Bill N.Y. add a picture link. 10/17 16:05

Picture of izomage
posted Hide Post
OK Tom, but first I must find my WeeGee board, and then manage to stay awake until midnight and consult with the spirits. They will no doubt clear up all the mysteries about this coach. The trouble I usually have is consulting the spirits a bit too early and then falling asleep.

posted Hide Post
Bill, thanks for the pictures!! izomage, no problem, I'll call you at midnight so you'll be awake. Ed, thanks for the info. Tom

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
The overhead cabinets appear to have vertical doors. This fits with the appearance of a sharper corner outside, where the roof meets the sides. Many Regencies have slanted overhead cabinet doors to allow a little more room inside on account of the more rounded shell.

If you are looking at a Regency, don't let the wife look inside the overhead cabinets. Smiler Susan nixxed a nice Airstream over interior storage.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 7397 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post